Vancouver

9 Signins

97 Page Views

• Views: 97
  • Message 1 of 1

Audio Issues with W540 - volume clipping and audio sync issue wrt video

2016-01-07, 15:22 PM

Good day,

I have spent some time investigating the forums and I cannot find a description similar to the issues I experience with my W540.  These are serious concerns for a piece of expensive workstation hardware such as this.

AUDIO issue 1: using the built-in speakers, the maximum volume that I can put my computer to is around 30 (out of 50, so around 60%).  Any level higher than that and the audio gets louder but is discontinuous.  Audio plays but drops out/clicks about in a continuous cyclic manner (with a frequency of ~ 1-2 dropouts per second).  This issue ONLY applies to the built in speakers - if I plug in headphones, audio is great.  If I use Bluetooth speaker at close range - the audio is good and level can be inscreased past the 30 threshold.

AUDIO issue 2: the computer syncing between the audio and video is atrocious. Youtube videos go out of sync.  Movies played on the DVD player go out of sync.  If you stop and restart the media player it corrects but goes out of sync again after awhile.  This issue is browser independant and media player independent.  I suspect this is just a faulty design of the motherboard re: the audio chip and the video processing, but I don't know.  I know it is unacceptable.

I am embarrassed to watch a movie on my W540 with my wife because she mocks me for the piece of junk PC that I've bought.  This is my first Lenovo and so far I'm not impressed.  The specs on this machine are very good - I can't believe I can't even use it to watch a movie.

Bluetooth for wireless speaker is also very weak.

Model number is 20BG0011US 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete