Options

1 Posts

08-22-2020

DE

2 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 1

Blue screens (BSoD) on P53s (20N6) after Windows-10 V2004 upgrade and all latest Lenovo updates

2020-08-22, 9:53 AM

Hi all,

as the title says I'm experiencing BSoDs on my office notebook P53s after upgrading to Windows 10 Version 2004 and after installing all latest Lenovo updates via Lenovo Vantage.

Seems to be something in SSD driver, at least my feeling tells me so. Every time when i leave my notebook for 5-10 minutes inactive, then come back and try to type something - BSoD with WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. This has nothing to do with going into sleep mode, nothing to do with screen saver, both are not active at the time when the blue screen happens. Just leaving the PC inactive for 10 minutes and coming back is enough. I guess it has something to do with caching on the SSD drive. The Windows' option "do not cache data on this drive" does not help as well. Still blue screens.

Another (better) way to reproduce, which works constantly and always - opening the properties of the "C" SSD drive and TRIM the C-drive. It shows as "finished", but right after that you can do nothing with the PC, it hangs a bit, and after several seconds - the same BSoD with  WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.

Diagnostics of the PC hardware via Lenovo Vantage - everything green. Diagnostics from BIOS - everything green. The notebook has been working perfect till Win2004+Lenovo upgrades.
There are no dump files in Windows directory. The blue screen itself does not collect and send any diagnostics - it always stays with 0% progress.

Any hints how to debug and eventually how to bugfix, if needed? Do Lenovo Software-Experts look at these topics? 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete