SG

40 Signins

373 Page Views

• Views: 373
  • Message 1 of 2

Bug on latest Synaptics Driver

2020-08-15, 13:37 PM

I am using P1 Gen 1 and just download the latest Synaptics Driver 

https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/n2egz04w.txt (Note: you can update to the same version via "update driver" at Device Manager.

Once I updated it, I find both Trackpad and TrackPoint will not be functioned when I plugged in a USB-A wireless Thinkpad mouse, while the control panel for Trackpad and Trackpoint are failed (see screenshots. I need to resolve it by unplugging the USB-A receiver, and I am not sure for those who are using bluetooth mouse would encounter same thing.

I reinstated to old driver then things back to normal. When I re-install the latest driver then same issue happens again.

Please give us a quick fix thanks.

FYI: I updated trackpoint firmware to 2.0.5 already before i apply this driver, i am not sure if it is the cause too.

Options

9170 Posts

09-04-2014

SK

32612 Signins

1205750 Page Views

• Views: 1205750
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Bug on latest Synaptics Driver

2020-08-19, 10:47 AM

Hello @herbertsi 

Please could you post exactly which driver you installed and which Windows version you have installed, latest isn't a version number I'm afraid to say and there are two Synaptics UltraNav drivers for the P1 Gen 1 depending on Windows version so we need to establish you have the correct driver for your Windows version.

The n2egz04w.txt file you refer to belongs to:
Synaptics UltraNav Driver for Windows 10 (Version 1709 or earlier) - ThinkPad P1, X1 Extreme

There is also this driver:

Synaptics UltraNav Driver for Windows 10 (Version 1803) - ThinkPad P1, X1 Extreme

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete