08-13-2020

SE

7 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 11 of 11

Re:Docking station for P53

2020-10-01, 9:20 AM

I have finally retired the Lenovo thunderbolt 3 docking station permanently. It's now on the " stuff that never will be used again-shelf".
Since the removal, i have not had any flickering external screens, no blue screens of death, no crashed graphics drivers ( only way out was hard power off) , no MS/Teams sessions that ended with Blue screens  ( first the Teams image freezes, then Teams disappears from the screen but sound still fine, then BSOD). No hung sessions due to MS/Teams local webcam activation.
I have updated the docking station per instructions, not better. 
 Set the Bios graphics to "discrete graphics" ( thereby killing off the Optimus switching ) not better.

Tried , but not succeeded, to replace the Nvidia graphics driver ( Quadro T1000) 

Current solution : I bought a relatively cheap  "USB C Hub" , :  3 USB ports, Network port and 1 HDMI port ( ~70 $)
1 external monitor connected to the HDMI port on the side of the laptop and 1 external monitor connected to the "USB C hub"
= More cables connected directly to the laptop, but no crashes.

I believe but not sure that the docking station has some kind of virtual display adapter in it.
I imagine that's the one which has been giving me the headaches.  

Regards,

Tomas

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete