Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

33 Posts

01-26-2009

Seattle, WA

34 Signins

523 Page Views

• Views: 523
  • Message 1 of 2

Fingerprint Login Error "The Computer Name is Invalid"

2009-01-26, 7:29 AM

Hi,

When I try to login to my notebook with my fingerprint after it has been sleeping I get a dialog box that says "The Computer Name is Invalid". It accepts my fingerprint but pops up the error message and refuses to login. I have to manually enter my password at this point. It only happens after standby/hibernation, on restart or if the computer was locked it works fine.

I have tried deleting all of the stored fingerprints to no avail. My computer is on a domain so I am wondering if the software has any issues with that. 

Has anyone experienced this issue and/or have a solution for it?

Thanks,

ltctech

Options

921 Posts

11-26-2008

Norway

8089 Signins

59129 Page Views

• Views: 59129
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Fingerprint Login Error "The Computer Name is Invalid"

2009-01-26, 7:39 AM

I had the same problem and my computer is also member of a domain. Take a look at this thread that seems to have solved the problem for several users including myself:

http://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/board/message?board.id=T400_series_ThinkPads&thread.id=4926&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

There are several suggestions in that thread, but the solution for me is to use the previous version of the fingerprint software. Using the latest version i couldn't make it work no matter what i did.

Gan

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms