Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

05-22-2016

United States of America

8 Signins

99 Page Views

• Views: 99
  • Message 1 of 1

Finnicky Right Hand USB p50

2017-04-30, 17:17 PM

This seems to be a semi common issue but I haven't seen an answer yet that has solved my problem. My P50 is nearly a year old now, and recently the rear USB port on the right hand side of the machine has been having issues. Initially I had plugged in my wireless mouse to this port (Logitech MX Master if that helps), but one day the mouse simply stopped responding when plugged into the port. Upon moving the mouse to any of the other USB ports on the device, it works fine. Some devices, like the mouse or a USB flash drive, will not work on this port. Others, like my USB backup hard drive, have no problem using the port like any other. I know it provides power as the hard drive as well as my cell phone (LG G5) both can use the port fine. The two center pins of the broken port look to be squished compared to the adjacent port, but resemble the other two working ports on the device, so I do not think there is physical damage.

In terms of troubleshooting I have fully powered off the device as per another post on the forums, by hitting shift when selecting shut down, removing the battery and the pressing the power button for one minute to fully clear everything. I looked on the site here for new USB drivers but didn't see anything that looked appropriate, though I could have missed something. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms