Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

09-18-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 3

Frustrating Audio Issue

2021-09-18, 16:05 PM

I have an on going audio issue. Everything works great until I hook up an HDMI cable. The audio does what it is supposed to, by going to my TV. The issue is when I unplug the HDMI I have no sound from my computer speakers. Settings are on the Realtek/HP speakers, the HDMI option is no longer available as on audio output. It's like its stuck on the HDMI out but not showing it. I have disabled, and re-enabled the device, I have made sure the driver is updated, I have uninstalled the device completely and rebooted, I have even disabled the on board graphics card and the quadro P2000 and re-enabled just to try it. Everything shows as normal but it doesn't work. The headphone out works for external speaker as does bluetooth when I connect to it.  When I click on the volume to change the level you can even see the level display go up and down like it would normally showing it made a test sound letting you know the volume. What gives?

Options

293 Posts

02-27-2013

Greece

85 Signins

1758 Page Views

• Views: 1758
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Frustrating Audio Issue

2021-09-18, 20:32 PM

hi

with no ext monitor/tv/bluetooth etc connections, does the system "beep" when it boots? if you get to bios and change something, a setting, and reboot, will it beep?

if yes => the speakers (hardware) are ok, so it's a software matter.

if no => doublecheck hardware by booting from a usb, like hirens boot win10pe, a linux usb stick (try linux, no installation) etc

do you hear any sound? if yes, again you should check for any software changes.

if again not ,then maybe your speakers are broken down somehow. maybe a short-circuit when unplugging the HDMI cable? 

best regards, Nikos Not a Lenovo employee If someone's answer has helped you, give him credits! You should learn others how to get food, don't just feed them!
Options

2910 Posts

06-13-2013

United States of America

11495 Signins

63321 Page Views

• Views: 63321
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Frustrating Audio Issue

2021-09-18, 21:00 PM

Can you please provide the machine type of your laptop. Like P53, or whatever.

Also, the usual questions about "are you right up to date" on latest BIOS, drivers, etc.?

Also, do you have Lenovo Vantage installed to keep your hardware/software up to date?

Finally, what is the driver version of both (a) Realtek HD Audio and (b) NVidia graphics drivers do you currently have installed?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms