Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

03-15-2009

Sydney

9 Signins

84 Page Views

• Views: 84
  • Message 1 of 3

Hard drive details

2009-03-15, 20:50 PM

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is a way to figure out details of the hard drives that I can choose from when I shop using Lenevo online shop? I would like to know the name of the manufacturer and the size of the cache. Is it possible?

Thanks

Pawel

Answer
Options

1419 Posts

10-26-2008

California, United States

711 Signins

35916 Page Views

• Views: 35916

Re: Hard drive details

2009-03-16, 3:09 AM
Not possible. Lenovo manages thousands [will be more worldwide] of computers for any given month. For a company to list what the exact components used in a specific laptop/desktop would cost them more money, meaning a loss in profit. Don't get me wrong. They properly list what processor, wireless card, etc, etc. But hard drives would be chosen mainly on availability/stock. If you are interested in hard drive performance, you would be looking at 7200RPM drives or SSD drives.

\\ I do not respond to PM regarding individual tech support. Keep discussions in the forum for the benefit of others //

Replies(2)
Answer
Options

1419 Posts

10-26-2008

California, United States

711 Signins

35916 Page Views

• Views: 35916
  • Message 2 of 3

2009-03-16, 3:09 AM
Not possible. Lenovo manages thousands [will be more worldwide] of computers for any given month. For a company to list what the exact components used in a specific laptop/desktop would cost them more money, meaning a loss in profit. Don't get me wrong. They properly list what processor, wireless card, etc, etc. But hard drives would be chosen mainly on availability/stock. If you are interested in hard drive performance, you would be looking at 7200RPM drives or SSD drives.

\\ I do not respond to PM regarding individual tech support. Keep discussions in the forum for the benefit of others //

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

7 Posts

03-15-2009

Sydney

9 Signins

84 Page Views

• Views: 84
  • Message 3 of 3

2009-03-16, 17:08 PM

I agree that the manufacture name is not crucial, but the size of internal cache is a different story and it makes huge difference.

Anyway, thanks for your info.

Pawel

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms