Options

2 Posts

12-28-2019

US

2 Signins

42 Page Views

• Views: 42
  • Message 1 of 5

How to disable "Unmanageable Key Combinations" on W530 ThinkPad HELP!!!!

2019-12-28, 2:43 AM

I am playing a game (Ultra Street Fighter 4) and as I'm playing I notice I'm most of the time but not always unable to press three keys at the same time which makes the computer make a beeping sound. Well, I've managed to turn off the beeping, but I'm still unable to press three keys at the same time... How do You disable Unmanageable Key Combinations feature (which according to the BIOS is enabled)?

Options

8194 Posts

01-13-2008

US

77221 Signins

2188169 Page Views

• Views: 2188169
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: How to disable "Unmanageable Key Combinations" on W530 ThinkPad HELP!!!!

2019-12-29, 22:08 PM

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities: English Deutsch Español Português Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Polski Türkçe Moto English

Options

1 Posts

05-12-2020

US

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 5

Re:How to disable "Unmanageable Key Combinations" on W530 ThinkPad HELP!!!!

2020-05-12, 2:47 AM

I also have tried to game on my Lenovo laptop, and have had a similar experience. All that comes up when I look up "How to disable Unmanageable Key Combinations" is how to turn off the beep, which is also superrrrr annoying but I figured out how to turn it off. As soon as I try to make a jump in a Roblox game while using multiple keys, it freezes all inputs and usually messes me up, preventing me from having a good time. I am also unable to turn this off in the BIOS and have researched it. In addition, the same thing happens when using an xbox controller in Roblox, which I have identified as a definite Lenovo problem because the controller works fine when connected to my phone and playing the same game in Roblox. However, when playing a game that is from the Microsoft store and has the option to log in with an Xbox account, Microsoft processes recognize it as a game and then both the keyboard+mouse and controller work perfectly. This may be the stupidest thing ever made, unless it's there to prevent gaming and is causing me and some friends a lot of frustration. Unless there comes to be some way to fix this I will not be getting another Lenovo computer. Thank you for reading this and I hope this is helpful to understand consumer complaints.

Options

548 Posts

10-03-2011

CA

2889 Signins

14750 Page Views

• Views: 14750
  • Message 4 of 5

2020-05-12, 15:49 PM

Thinkpads aren't gaming laptops, and their keyboards (as many other laptops) struggle with  https://techterms.com/definition/n-key_rollover

For most users this isn't a problem. If it's a problem for you - hook up a USB gaming keyboard.

Options

219 Posts

12-24-2011

AE

534 Signins

3584 Page Views

• Views: 3584
  • Message 5 of 5

2020-05-13, 5:04 AM

@ JJmann125 wrote:

In addition, the same thing happens when using an xbox controller in Roblox, which I have identified as a definite Lenovo problem because the controller works fine when connected to my phone and playing the same game in Roblox. However, when playing a game that is from the Microsoft store and has the option to log in with an Xbox account, Microsoft processes recognize it as a game and then both the keyboard+mouse and controller work perfectly. 

1. Lenovo drivers should not interfere with XBOX controller

2. If they do, why would hooking up a gaming keyboard help? 

3. Lenovo should not decide if I want to game on my P53?

Is there a way you could work on replicating 1?

This could be something worth investigating a root cause.

If you have an external keyboard, does it behave differently?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete