IE

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 2

Huge display latency when connecting to dual monitorer

2020-09-15, 15:49 PM

Hi guys,

I am using P53 with a docking station and 2 dual monitors connected to docking station, and I can see a huge display latency when I use it for a while, especially after waking up from sleep. What happens here is that when I right click my mouse and menu pops out in like 2 seconds, and if I drag any window, it's doesn't move smoothly.

My P53 has 2 graphic cards: intell Graphics 630 and Nvidia Quadro T2000. When I use docking station, I can see an extra one: ThinkPad Hybrid USB-C with USB-A dock. My monitors are 27" and 24", both uses displayport to connect to docking station.

I can't even open NVidia control panel, below is the error I got:

This makes me think that by connecting to docking station, is NVidia card not in use at all? Is this the reason of display latency? How to force Windows 10 to use nvidia graphic card? Will it help if my monitors connect to my laptop directly?

Thanks,

David

Options

24 Posts

01-12-2017

SI

44 Signins

236 Page Views

• Views: 236
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Huge display latency when connecting to dual monitorer

2020-09-18, 12:59 PM

I have a similar problem.

Lenovo P53 , external monitor connected to the thunderbolt port. I have the laptop display turned off.

After login, there is a lot of stutter and delay on the monitor picture, but after 10 seconds or so, it becomes normal.

Windows 10 Pro (preinstalled), version 1909, up to date, also all drivers are up to date.

PS: NVIDIA Control Panel works fine for me.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete