Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

11-14-2009

United Kingdom

1 Signins

12 Page Views

• Views: 12
  • Message 1 of 3

I Ordered a W700, it took 4 weeks and now its missing components! what do i do?

2009-11-14, 10:25 AM

I ordered a W700 with upgraded specs, all is ok except:

- It is missing the second harddrive

- the right side of the keyboard is loose when typing, makes clicking noises. Feels like it is missing some support under it.  Seems very shotty craftsmanship.

I would think after spending $3000 with a company they could get it right, exspecially having to wait 4 weeks. Now i have it and don't know what to do?

Please Advise.

I cant possible send it back, i would have to go buy a temporary computer as my old computer melted a week ago. Is there a store i can take it to?

Options

395 Posts

08-03-2009

UK

1342 Signins

9464 Page Views

• Views: 9464
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: I Ordered a W700, it took 4 weeks and now its missing components! what do i do?

2009-11-14, 13:47 PM

wrote:

I ordered a W700 with upgraded specs, all is ok except:

- It is missing the second harddrive

- the right side of the keyboard is loose when typing, makes clicking noises. Feels like it is missing some support under it.  Seems very shotty craftsmanship.

I would think after spending $3000 with a company they could get it right, exspecially having to wait 4 weeks. Now i have it and don't know what to do?

Please Advise.

I cant possible send it back, i would have to go buy a temporary computer as my old computer melted a week ago. Is there a store i can take it to?

If your current warranty is not the onsite service then I'd suggest you upgrade your warranty. With the onsite warranty service, instead of sending the machine back, a Lenovo engineer will visit you and service your laptop onsite.

Options

76 Posts

09-19-2008

United States of America

137 Signins

743 Page Views

• Views: 743
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: I Ordered a W700, it took 4 weeks and now its missing components! what do i do?

2009-11-17, 18:54 PM

Hazart has the spot on

I would not suggest you solve your keyboard issue with the so call on-site warranty until you call them and have them send a solid back keyboard to you without any cost.  There's too many threads in this community that talks with the issue of flexing keyboard and right side of the keyboard is the common spot.  (so do my W500 and my W700).  Most if not all solve the issue with simple replacement themselves.

However onsite warranty does have an advantage of not having to service the computer yourself.  The palm rest have tiny tabs that could break easily but without much influence on the structure.  If the onsite people breaks it you can probabily argue for a new replacement.  However, no garantee as palm rest cost over 100$ pieces and you could start up a fight (cost more if you have digitizer and screen calibration installed).

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms