PH

243 Signins

957 Page Views

• Views: 957
  • Message 11 of 39

Re: Integrated Camera not working?

2019-06-08, 20:48 PM

Check the privacy settings of Windows. 

1. Go to Start  > Settings  > Privacy  > Camera.
  2. Choose your preferred setting for Allow apps to access your camera.
  3. Under Choose which apps can access your camera, turn the individual settings for apps On or Off.

Regards,

Matt_lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

5 Posts

06-08-2019

US

7 Signins

56 Page Views

• Views: 56
  • Message 12 of 39

2019-06-08, 20:52 PM

I followed these steps & found the privacy setting. When I attempt to switch privacy mode to "off," it automatically switches me back to "on" & will not allow privacy setting to switch to off...

Options

296 Posts

08-02-2018

PH

243 Signins

957 Page Views

• Views: 957
  • Message 13 of 39

2019-06-08, 21:20 PM

If you have an active Antivirus software. Disable it temporarily. Then change the settings. If the camera privacy turned off. Check the settings of your Antivirus program. There might be a settings for Privacy of camera as well. 

Regards,

Matt_lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

5 Posts

06-08-2019

US

7 Signins

56 Page Views

• Views: 56
  • Message 14 of 39

2019-06-09, 1:32 AM

PRO TIP!!! Before updating drivers, uninstalling, reinstalling, enabling, disabling, throwing things, etc., ensure that the ThinkPad built-in webcam shutter is in the OPEN position!! :smileylol: Were you even aware that ThinkPad has a built-in webcam shutter that can inadvertantly slide to the covered position?? And...that the results of this sliding appear strangely familiar to a disabled integrated camera?!? Neither did I! I must've missed that tidbit on the tutorials. Well, at least all my drivers, etc. are up to date, & I learned a thing or two along the way. Thanks for the help, y'all!

Options

222 Posts

08-02-2018

PH

155 Signins

855 Page Views

• Views: 855
  • Message 15 of 39

2019-06-09, 4:18 AM

Hello davidbeaty! Great to know, you were able to figure it out. Some of the Lenovo laptop does have camera cover. Just contact us again if you have another concern. Arjay_Lenovo

Options

3 Posts

09-26-2019

US

4 Signins

9 Page Views

• Views: 9
  • Message 16 of 39

2019-09-26, 16:21 PM
THANK YOU! I've spent probably 5 hours trying to find a solution to this. I've installed, disabled, and updated so many components during that time. Never did I see anything about a shutter switch. (Nor did I even see it on the laptop until I got down and looked closely, after I read your message here).

Lenovo --- Add this seemingly simple information to your Camera troubleshooting page. There may be other morons like me out there :)
Options

1 Posts

03-31-2020

US

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 17 of 39

Re:Integrated Camera not working?

2020-03-31, 21:11 PM

Oh. My. God. 2 weeks of trying driver installations / updates / reinstalls / etc, this was the problem. And I would have NEVER thought to look there. I kept looking on my keyboard for an Fn+ shortcut to enable the camera too, but that thing doesn't exist.  The entire time, it was the slider next to my camera on the top of the lid of my laptop.  Thank you.

Options

2 Posts

03-30-2020

US

3 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 18 of 39

2020-04-01, 21:00 PM

In my Lenovo Ideapad laptop, I do not see 'LenovoEasyCamera' as an option for the Imaging Device. I only see 'Microsoft' manufacturer.

I've downloaded and installed Lenovo camera driver. Is there any other step that I need to do to get the 'LenovoEasyCamera' option to be displayed in the Manufacturer tab of Imaging Device?

Thank you.

Options

2 Posts

04-16-2020

US

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 19 of 39

2020-04-16, 17:20 PM

Hi,

I've finally found a thread on the internet that discusses my problem. I need my webcam to attend my online lecture, and as already explained, it isn't working properly: On for a few seconds, tuns black, on for a few more seconds, turns black, etc. Static image and so on.

I've tried everything in this form- I've uninstalled my webcam, restarted my computer, fiddled with the privacy settings, downloaded the most recent drivers, and etc. My computer does NOT have a built in webcam shutter. 

Please help- it's frustrating and I really need the webcam to work for my online classes.

Options

2 Posts

04-11-2020

US

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 20 of 39

2020-04-18, 23:31 PM

I am having a similar problem.  My webcam turns on for about 1 second, then turns off for about 1 second.  This repeats continuously.  

I updated my drivers using automatic update

I downloaded the drivers from the lenovo site and updated them manually

I've disabled the device

I've uninstalled the device

I followed your instructions (Uninstalling Lenovo Vantage, Uninstalling "System Interface Foundation V2 Device", etc).

After re-installing Lenovo Vantage from the Microsoft store, the "Camera" tab appears as follows. 

I am still not able to use the camera.

My Machine is a ThinkPad P51s (Running Windows 10 - Version 1909).

Please advise about next steps - this seems to be a common problem across several Lenovo products?  Is this a software issue?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete