Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

03-22-2020

United States of America

4 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 14

Integrated Camera on P51 not working (turns on and off continuoulsy)

2020-03-22, 13:17 PM

UPDATE TO BELOW - It appears to be occurring to any of my video capture devices.  I plugged in an external web cam, and I get the same behavior.  Would this be a video driver issues?

I'm having some trouble with the integrated camera on my P51 laptop.  I am currently running the latest windows 10 updates.  When I open up the window camera application or use a site like google hangouts the camera will trigger on as it is supposed to, but then after a second, it will turn off.  After another second, it will turn on again, and it will keep repeating this way as if it's unable to maintain a stable connection.  It is able to capture video while it is on (for as brief as it is).  As an aside, if I try to load via Skype, camera tries to initialize once, usually grabs an initial image and then just shuts off and wont load.

Thus far, I have tried manually uninstalling the camera and drivers in device manager and reinstalling them with the ones from the Lenovo web site.  Does anyone have any thoughts or guidance.  Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Options

4 Posts

12-29-2016

United States of America

8 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 2 of 14

Re:Integrated Camera on P51 not working (turns on and off continuoulsy)

2020-03-22, 14:40 PM

Following: I am having this same problem with my P50 - I did all the things you have mentioned to no avail.  When we get an answer, let's share. [email address removed to prevent spam by moderator ^AG]

Options

3 Posts

03-23-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 14

2020-03-23, 11:57 AM

I am also having the same problem, exactly as described in the first message.  Tried everything, uninstall, re install, deleting all the old drivers, loading all, latest drivers and nothing cures it.  Even went back a year and reinstalled some old backup drivers, but no go.  Such a frustrating fault.

Options

3 Posts

03-23-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 15
  • Message 4 of 14

2020-03-23, 12:33 PM

Hi,

Maybe this will work for you?  After further searching and reading I found this solution that worked for me.  I do not know why it worked as basically I had done all this before but the only difference being is that I did a restart after every step when I did it.  This solution does NOT do a restart, just a scan for 'Scan for Hardware Changes'.  I did this and then tried the camera and all was ok.  I did a restart to check if it was still ok and yes it was.  I'm so pleased, so my greatest thanks to V_Realo.

The solution was written in reply to the same problem by an Independent Adviser named V_Realo in reply to the same problem encountered by a JoelClellandl on the 14th March 2020.

Below I have pasted the reply.

V_Realo wrote -

Replied on March 15, 2020 v

I'm Rey, your Independent Advisor.

I understand you are having trouble with the Camera on your Lenovo laptop. Let's work on this together.

Reasons:

it could be a hardware problem or software problem. But let's do the software troubleshooting first.

1. Click the start button and search, device manager

2. Search for imagining devices, and select the correct camera driver and select uninstall the device.

3. Once done, click action and scan for hardware changes.

Then try again to launch your camera.

If it's the same issue, now follow this:

1. Search, type camera privacy settings.

2. YOu may see that the camera app access are all off, then switch on for the "Allow apps to access your camera, and hit Change afterward, and turn it on as well.

If you still have this issue, let me know and let's work on this together.

Hope it works for you too!

Options

4 Posts

12-29-2016

United States of America

8 Signins

16 Page Views

• Message 5 of 14

2020-03-23, 23:46 PM
V_Realo, Thank you so much for offering an option to this maddening problem. Unfortunately, I did not work for me. I tried the above (more than once). My integrated camera is still flicking off and on and there is no vido recorded at all. error code 0xA00F425D (0x800706BF) Any suggestion you might have as to how to repair, bypass or find a tech that could help would be greatly appreciated. I am a therapist trying to see clients and my business and my capacity to serve my clients is hosed without a telehealth option.
Options

3 Posts

03-22-2020

United States of America

4 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 6 of 14

2020-03-26, 2:15 AM

Hello.  This also did not work for me.  I am going to try booting direct from a Linux USB drive and confirm if it is hardware or software related.  I will report back what I find.  Any help would be appreciated!

Options

1 Posts

04-05-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 7 of 14

2020-04-05, 15:32 PM

EDIT to below: The problem is due to the latest driver - Integrated Camera Driver(Windows 10 64 bit Version 1709 or Later) - 10 [64] - 10.0.18362.20105, Release Date: 8/26/2019. Vantage installed that this morning (4/6/2020) and the problem came back. I went to Device Manager and rolled back to the previous driver on the Driver tab in Properties for the Integrated Camera. Camera again functioning properly. Then ran System Update and marked the updated driver presented as Ignore. Also turned off auto-install on updates.

@ Graham Engineer wrote:

Hi,

Maybe this will work for you?  After further searching and reading I found this solution that worked for me.  I do not know why it worked as basically I had done all this before but the only difference being is that I did a restart after every step when I did it.  This solution does NOT do a restart, just a scan for 'Scan for Hardware Changes'.  I did this and then tried the camera and all was ok.  I did a restart to check if it was still ok and yes it was.  I'm so pleased, so my greatest thanks to V_Realo.

The solution was written in reply to the same problem by an Independent Adviser named V_Realo in reply to the same problem encountered by a JoelClellandl on the 14th March 2020.

Below I have pasted the reply.

V_Realo wrote -

Replied on March 15, 2020 v

I'm Rey, your Independent Advisor.

I understand you are having trouble with the Camera on your Lenovo laptop. Let's work on this together.

Reasons:

it could be a hardware problem or software problem. But let's do the software troubleshooting first.

1. Click the start button and search, device manager

2. Search for imagining devices, and select the correct camera driver and select uninstall the device.

3. Once done, click action and scan for hardware changes.

Then try again to launch your camera.

If it's the same issue, now follow this:

1. Search, type camera privacy settings.

2. YOu may see that the camera app access are all off, then switch on for the "Allow apps to access your camera, and hit Change afterward, and turn it on as well.

If you still have this issue, let me know and let's work on this together.

Hope it works for you too!

Variation that worked for me on X1 Yoga (1st edition):

1. Uninstalled Integrated Camera in Device Manager and selected delete the driver.
  2. Restarted the computer
  3. Scanned for hardware changes in Device Manager.

Integrated camera now shows in Imaging Devices category along with multi-function printer/scanners rather than in separate Camera category. Camera is now functioning normally.

Options

1 Posts

04-14-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 8 of 14

2020-04-14, 16:12 PM

Hi there,

I have exactly the same problem in my P51 laptop. I have tried everything and nothing seems to fix it.

Pls! Help!

Options

4 Posts

12-29-2016

United States of America

8 Signins

16 Page Views

• Message 9 of 14

2020-04-15, 20:30 PM

Alright, so can anyone tell me which driver version (and where to get it) will successfully run the camera on my ThinkPad P51?  

I only started trying to use it since the COVID lockdown and I am not sure that I ever had a driver that worked!

Here's hoping!

RCD

Options

2 Posts

04-16-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 10 of 14

2020-04-16, 17:34 PM

Hi!

I just wanted to thank this form- I couldn't find anywhere else that described my issue. I have a Thinkpad X1 Carbon and although I did not have an option to roll back the driver, I followed the instructions SMGBALT posted for Yoga X1 and it worked for me! Thank you very much- I need my cam for online college lectures during the lock-down.

Quoting incase anyone missed it-

@SMGBALT

Variation that worked for me on X1 Yoga (1st edition): 

Uninstalled Integrated Camera in Device Manager and selected delete the driver.

Restarted the computer

Scanned for hardware changes in Device Manager.

Integrated camera now shows in Imaging Devices category along with multi-function printer/scanners rather than in separate Camera category. Camera is now functioning normally.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms