Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Special Interest DiscussionsGeneral Discussion
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

02-24-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 12

Issues with repairs

2021-02-24, 19:35 PM

I spoke with customer service on the 18th about my laptop not charging.  The representative decided it was best to overnight a power supply to me.  It's now the 24th, have no power supply, and I've been told by multiple customer service agents that they can't do anything about it... that it's "stuck due to weather in Memphis Tennessee".

I've checked with FedEx.  There are zero delays in shipping, and haven't been going back to the 18th.  They also have not received the package from Lenovo and that all that's been done is a label was created.  Therefore, I know it's Lenovo at fault here, NOT FedEx as Lenovo has been clamming.

Lenovo customer service reps have refused multiple times to escalate my issue and get me a power supply or to someone that can at least provide some sort of answers.  Tried fb help, zero help.  Just tried chat services, zero help.  Now going to call again.  I'm extremely sick & tired of this.  This shouldn't be an issue right now.

I'm losing money each day as I use this laptop for work.  I need it up and running!

Who do I have to speak to to get this resolved and a power supply in my hands?!?!  Lets pray that that fixes it!  I'm sure I'll never see my laptop again if I have to send it in...

Moderator comment: Moved to the proper forum. (NateS)

Options

10549 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

32855 Signins

1221730 Page Views

• Views: 1221730
  • Message 2 of 12

Re:Issues with repairs

2021-02-25, 10:43 AM

Hello and welcome to Community,

Sorry that you are experiencing a delay, would it be possible please for you to post your service case number and I'll see what I can find out for you but do see Fedex, regrettably, continue to be experiencing some issues.

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

3 Posts

02-24-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 3 of 12

2021-02-25, 14:48 PM

Just stop and own yalls mess up.  I spoke with FedEx yesterday and they told me they haven't had delays even going back to the 18th for the Memphis area.  Thats from speaking with them personally.  They were never given the package by you guys, that's the problem, you just created a label and never finished the process to initiate the pickup(according to fedex).  Again, from speaking with them.  Also, I checked the weather to double down and yup, no reason for a delay of going on a week now.Take the blame when blame is due, your company has dropped the ball and for some reason everyone is willing to cover for a company that would replace them in a heartbeat. 

40D4BLZ is the case #

Had a nice service agent reorder the power supply yesterday and we will see if and when it comes in.  Checking last night, FedEx certainly had more information than even the previous tracking # currently does, so that shows promise.  

Don't be so quick to blame a shipping company when your company hasn't even given them the product.  I'm the first to hate on FedEx, but this time they aren't at fault, Lenovo is.  Fix it.

Also, I love how yall moved this to "what's dos".  Proves me right even more, holy crap.

Options

5 Posts

02-25-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

5 Signins

30 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 30
  • Message 4 of 12

2021-02-25, 15:26 PM

You are lucky, my laptop has started to glue off while sitting on my desk and i was told that i have to pay for the repair because in their opinion is normal that a laptop that costed 1000 pounds starts  to break into pieces... I am starting to be very disappointed with this brand.

Options

3 Posts

02-24-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 5 of 12

2021-02-25, 15:58 PM

Maaan that's some bs.  I'm with you though!  My laptop cost almost 3k new and not even 3 years in, this is how I'm treated.  Blaming the shipping company when it's literally been clear skies for the past 6 days.  It's a shame.  I'll certainly never own another lenovo product, not that they even care.  

Its nuts, no one likes being bullied by big companies.  Ie phone, internet, cable, car manufacturers.... yet when the person works for those companies, it's almost like they want to screw the customer.  It's sad, really.  Put the shoe on the other foot and see how it feels, we all hate it.  Why not be part of the solution?

5 bucks says its because I had less than a month left on my warranty and they want to run it out and charge me for the eventual laptop repair because the power supply probably won't fix it.  Well I extended it to avoid that debacle. 

Lenovo, fix our stuff. 

Options

10549 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

32855 Signins

1221730 Page Views

• Message 6 of 12

2021-02-26, 8:25 AM

Hello,

The information that has come back to me is that "the delay is due to weather.  This is not only affecting Fedex but our parts hub (TN)  as well as the depot (TX).  They were shut down a few days due to the snow which accumulated a huge backlog.  As of Monday 2/22, they were making progress and expect to have all orders filled by the end of the week.  I suspect that these trackings will show movement by the end of day tomorrow."

Andy

Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

10549 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

32855 Signins

1221730 Page Views

• Message 7 of 12

2021-02-26, 8:34 AM

Hello @ts206  welcome to Community,

As you disagree with the conclusion of a service partner or call center you can contact Lenovo, I would suggest by phone, and request that decision be reviewed by opening a complaint. In order to do this the call center representative will require your details and the system serial number. I would also suggest having a couple of good quality reasonably close up photos of the affected area ready to send them showing what you are experiencing and there is no damage to the system externally.

Andy

Lenovo eServices

Options

5 Posts

02-25-2021

5 Signins

30 Page Views

• Message 8 of 12

2021-02-26, 9:57 AM

Dear Andy

thank you for your reply to my comment.

How can I (and we Lenovo users) contact Lenovo? I called the technical support number and they told me that, since my warranty expired one month ago (24th Jan 2021 - so yes my laptop has 25 months of life and is falling apart!), I will have to pay for the repair and delivery, regardeless of the nature of the problem.

I have all the interest to get this issue sorted, I am an e-learning coordinator, I work with laptops, I travel a lot, and I need it fixed. I would be able to explain the issue quite clearly - in fact I did explain that the issue is mechanical/internal, as you and the other members of the community can see from the pictures attached.

You can clearly see that the laptop is perfect, but the hinge came off from its internal placement, is scratching from the inside the black paint at the bottom of the screen (the two tiny white spots at the bottom of the screen in the picture) where it exterts more pressure, and is gluing off the screen itself on that corner. The laptop does not have any other issue and is kept exceptionally well.

Let me be clear: working with laptops I know that after two years the battery might deteriorate or the keyboard can have minor issues and I would not be disappointed with that. But what is happening here is something that I have never seen with other brands and that I would have never expected from a laptop sold for 1000 pounds. It can happen that in a good series of laptops one comes out faulty, but in this case I would expect Lenovo to apologise and either replace the laptop or repair it for free. What disappointed me the most is that for Lenovo it is completely normal that after 25 months the laptop starts to glue off and its components dissamble as in a cheap replica, and it makes sense for them that I have just to pay around 350 pounds to get it fixed (I checked online and this is roughly the cost for replacing the screen and the hinges). So at the end of the day my breaking-apart lenovo will have costed 1350 pounds...

Having said so, if you have another number I can call I am happy to get in touch with them and give it another try, I would be very happy to have to change my mind about Lenovo's customer service and brand quality.

Thanks

Tommaso

Options

10549 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

32855 Signins

1221730 Page Views

• Message 9 of 12

2021-02-26, 11:39 AM

Hello,

To find the appropriate phone number for your country enter the product type, e.g. Yoga 123, on the following site.
https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/supportphonelist

Other contact options are provided on the ContactUs site

https://www.lenovo.com/gb/en/contact/

Andy

Lenovo eServices

Options

5 Posts

02-25-2021

5 Signins

30 Page Views

• Message 10 of 12

2021-03-02, 15:23 PM

I have a lenovo yoga 730 bought on 24th Jan 2019, just 25 months ago. Its screen is coming off, probably because the hinges glued off inside the screen.

Has anyonelse had the same issue? 

Surprisingly enough Lenovo suggested I pay for the repair, although I have no fault and their laptop is so cheap quality that its mechanics are breaking from the inside although the laptop itself is kept in an exceptional way.

If you are thinking to buy one just take a look at my pics before you do.

Admin note: duplicate topic merged in, subject lines edited

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms