GB

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 2

Laptop Keyboard misbehaving

2020-09-21, 21:47 PM

Hi there,

I am having problems with the keypad on my Lenovo P50.  Recently whenever I press certain keys I get a different response to what I am expecting.  Mainly in conjunction with the SHIFT and CTRL keys. e.g. Pressing SHIFT+8 should get a * (an asterisk), but instead produces a }*   (a curly brace and an asterisk.  similarly other keys SHIFT+1 does not produce just a !, but instead a Z!.  Some add a cursor move too, so SHIFT+3 will move the cursor 4 to the left then add the £ symbol, like I would have expected.

But connecting in a USB keyboard and everything is fine (obviously makes it more cumbersome to move around). And on-screen keyboard does not have the same SHIFT+key combo so can't replicate it there.

Most Google searches for funny keyboard behavious suggest that just a wrong keyboard layout has been selected, but not in this case.  It is a UK keyboard and the UK keyboard layout is selected.

I have no idea what has caused it, hardware or software.  

Has anyone come across this before? or  would you have any suggestions of which avenues I could go down to investigate the cause.

Thank you.

Regards,

Shoff

Options

188 Posts

11-29-2019

FR

39 Signins

1794 Page Views

• Views: 1794
  • Message 2 of 2

Laptop Keyboard misbehaving

2020-09-22, 2:25 AM
Depending on the situation, your keyboard is broken, just replace one.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete