Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

07-10-2009

Detroit, MI

20 Signins

248 Page Views

• Views: 248
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Service? W500 quality

2009-11-16, 10:25 AM

I have this for 3 months now.  Overall, I'm pretty satisfied.

Two major issues that had been covered was the Graphic card and the Keyboard flex.

The Graphic card was an easy fix, and the keyboard flex was an easy replacement (This shouldn't be an issues in the first place if they paid attention to it)

I'm seeing a few post in regards to the Screen dim on the bottom corner.  Which I have + two dead pixel already! I got this in August 3rd.  I did spoke to the rep about it, and they are willing to get this issue fix.  I just hate it when I brag how great my laptop is and highly recommend this to lots of people when I get problems after problems with this... Anyway, I still like my thinkpad very much.

What worries me is sending my laptop for service and comes back looking hacked (i.e. screw cover is gone on the screen, missing screw, scratches or whatever).  Should I worry about this? I meet clients regularly it is important for me to keep my notebook looking solid and fresh.

Options

81 Posts

12-30-2008

Atlanta, GA

196 Signins

2860 Page Views

• Views: 2860
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Service? W500 quality

2009-11-16, 13:27 PM

I know plenty of users who have sent thier machine in to depot repair and have gotten thier unit back in tip top shape!:smileywink:

On the same token I have seen maybe 2 or 3 in my life come back with problems as you described....but 2 or 3 is less than 1% to let you know.

When this kinda of problem has occured with my colleages I was usually solved by letting the support group know what has happened and getting the call escallated so that the issue can be resolved.

I highly doubt you will be in that previous situation but....If it does happen you know what needs to be done to resolve the issue.

Options

76 Posts

09-19-2008

United States of America

137 Signins

743 Page Views

• Views: 743
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Service? W500 quality

2009-11-17, 18:25 PM

The repair depot who service my W700 I wrote on other thread (W500 dim corner...) does come back with the problem you worried.

I called service center and they explicity state that those service cosmetic damages are normal.  (losing screw cover-sticker, wear out screws, fingerprint everywhere, etc.....)  They are ok but they certaintly won't let it look neat - its very obvious that the screen screw cover all bent and ready to fall of from mine.

YMMV, some don't care and some do.  I won't suggest service the computer if your computer does not have serious problems - you can even do a better job by purchasing the components and service yourself after warranty.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms