Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

08-19-2021

Uganda

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 6

Lenovo thinkpad P53 display problems

2021-08-19, 8:32 AM

I have a Lenovo thinkpad P53 laptop. Recently the taskbar has now been also covered by a black line so its not visible, to access it i have to set its location to top. 

To use the laptop, i now have to connect an external screen through the docking station, otherwise with out that its unusable. 

3 months back, i had a similar experience with another P3 thinkpad with was returned to the supplier because it was still under warranty. In Office, 4 other colleagues with  P53 thinkpads have exactly the same problem.

Has any other person here experienced this?. 

How can i resolve this issue?. Taking to the workshop for repair isn't useful at all because the technicians currently don't have a solution this issue. They will just issue me another P53 and the problem will be back in less than a month.

I have attached a screenshot of the screen. 

Options

4227 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

329 Signins

20975 Page Views

• Views: 20975
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:Lenovo thinkpad P53 display problems

2021-08-19, 18:28 PM

Hello Kadidx,

Welcome to Lenovo Community

I suggest that you reload the BIOS default settings, be sure to save and exit.
Then run diagnostics.
Update us how it goes.

Regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

08-19-2021

Uganda

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2021-08-20, 8:44 AM

Trying to reload the BIOS default settings failed to complete successfully and so the machine could not boot. Trying to reboot it would try again to reload the BIOS default settings so it just became a cycle of trying and failing. 

I had to take it to the workshop to get this resolved and successfully boot and now i can login and the issue remains. In this situation, should i even try running the diagnostics tool?

Options

471 Posts

09-04-2019

United States of America

350 Signins

5118 Page Views

• Views: 5118
  • Message 4 of 6

2021-08-20, 10:16 AM

That is a hardware defect. Don't let Lenovo waste your time with BIOS and driver reinstalls. That is ridiculous. Ship it back to them and get it fixed or force a refund.

Options

4227 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

329 Signins

20975 Page Views

• Views: 20975
  • Message 5 of 6

2021-09-01, 18:53 PM

Hello Kadidx,

Greetings

Yes you may try running the diagnostics.

If there are errors, then I would suggest that you reach out to the tech support for your region.
They will provide the next step for this issue.

Regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

08-19-2021

Uganda

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2021-09-02, 4:43 AM

Over 50 P53 machines experiencing exactly the same problem and the root cause has been nailed to not having enough graphics memory. 

Solution has been to increase the graphics memory, how on earth Lenovo continues to ship these laptops that way boggles my mind. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms