237 Signins

1554 Page Views

• Views: 1554
  • Message 21 of 27

Re: Macrium Reflect Home Edition v6 with P70

2016-05-01, 14:50 PM

Hello DSperber,

Thank you for your response.

1- I don’t think I’m still brave enough to test the Image just for the sake of it. At the beginning I found Windows 10 solid but with each forced MS update I find it less desirable. At this time I don’t want to mess around with it if I don’t have too.

2- Again I find your comments regarding NovaBackup interesting since after few days for me Windows 10 FileHistory is not that remarkable. The only thing going for it is, it’s Free.

As I mentioned I have started using Syncovery. It is more expensive than NovaBackup but it has Variables https://www.syncovery.com/variables/

For example like $2WEEKSDAYS: i.e. A Monday … A Sunday, then  B Monday … B Sunday, then starts over.

Or

$DWMQ: i.e. rotation with separate folders for each day of the week, week, month, quarter. Keeps one copy for each quarter, then one copy for each month in the last quarter, one copy for each week in the last month, and one copy for each day in the last week.

Since I keep all my document in “MY Documents” folder it works great for my backup.

As a rule, I always think you never have enough backup (provided you have the space) especially with Windows 10 after each MS update.

So I will try NovaBackup when I get a chance and come back to you.

For Explorer Tree GUI I use Directory Opus. It is not free but it’s very good

Enjoy your Sunday

Best regards,

Sepy

Options

80 Posts

01-02-2016

Switzerland

237 Signins

1554 Page Views

• Message 22 of 27

2016-05-01, 15:08 PM

Hello DSperber,

1- I don’t think I’m still brave enough to test the Image just for the sake of it. At the beginning I found Windows 10 solid but with each forced MS update I find it less desirable. At this time I don’t want to mess around with it if I don’t have too.

2- Again I find your comments regarding NovaBackup interesting since after few days for me Windows 10 FileHistory is not that remarkable. The only thing going for it is, it’s Free.

As I mentioned I have started using Syncovery. It is more expensive than NovaBackup but it has Variables https://www.syncovery.com/variables/

For example like $2WEEKSDAYS: i.e. A Monday … A Sunday, then B Monday … B Sunday, then starts over.

Or

$DWMQ: i.e. rotation with separate folders for each day of the week, week, month, quarter. Keeps one copy for each quarter, then one copy for each month in the last quarter, one copy for each week in the last month, and one copy for each day in the last week.

Since I keep all my document in “MY Documents” folder it works great for my backup.

As a rule, I always think you never have enough backup (provided you have the space) especially with Windows 10 after each MS update.

Enjoy your Sunday

Best regards,

Sepy

Options

80 Posts

01-02-2016

Switzerland

237 Signins

1554 Page Views

• Message 23 of 27

2016-05-01, 16:12 PM

Hello DSperber,

For example like $2WEEKSDAYS: i.e. A Monday … A Sunday, then B Monday … B Sunday, then starts over.

Or

Enjoy your Sunday

Best regards,

Sepy

Options

80 Posts

01-02-2016

Switzerland

237 Signins

1554 Page Views

• Message 24 of 27

2016-05-01, 16:51 PM

Hello DSperber,

Or

Enjoy your Sunday

Best regards,

Sepy

Options

80 Posts

01-02-2016

Switzerland

237 Signins

1554 Page Views

• Message 25 of 27

2016-05-02, 14:30 PM

Hello DSperber,

Or

Enjoy your Sunday

Best regards,

Sepy

Options

80 Posts

01-02-2016

Switzerland

237 Signins

1554 Page Views

• Message 26 of 27

2016-05-03, 14:12 PM

Hello DSperber,

Or

Enjoy your Sunday

Best regards,

Sepy

Options

7945 Posts

09-04-2014

SK

32485 Signins

1199000 Page Views

• Views: 1199000
  • Message 27 of 27

2016-05-03, 14:20 PM

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete