Options

10 Posts

03-28-2012

US

25 Signins

415 Page Views

• Views: 415
  • Message 1 of 5

Microphone and Webcam not working on ThinkPad W540 PC and not found within Device Manager

2020-03-02, 23:38 PM

Hello,

My microphone and Webcam on my ThinkPad W540 are not working. I looked within Device Manager and both the microphone and webcam are not found. I have spent a considerable amount of time within Windows 10 Professional operating system making sure all the software setting associated with the microphone and webcam are turned on. I also ran the software troubleshooters.  I believe that possibly the microphone and webcam may not have been hardware configured correctly or some type of internal hardware connection issue could be the cause. How do I determine if this is a hardware problem?? What hardware checks can I do on the microphone and webcam?? Again, I do NOT see them within device manager. Please Advise.  Thank you. 

Mark

Options

330 Posts

11-26-2019

HK

134 Signins

2753 Page Views

• Views: 2753
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Microphone and Webcam not working on ThinkPad W540 PC and not found within Device Manager

2020-03-03, 0:27 AM

Missing drivers.

Download from here (the audio section and the camera section): https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/hk/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-w-series-laptops/thinkpad-w540/downloads/driver-list/

Options

7890 Posts

01-13-2008

US

76956 Signins

2166548 Page Views

• Views: 2166548
  • Message 3 of 5

Re:Microphone and Webcam not working on ThinkPad W540 PC and not found within Device Manager

2020-03-03, 0:50 AM

Missing drivers would probably not make the devices invisible in Dev Mgr.  Are there any unknown devices shown?

Did they ever work? The mic and webcam likely share a common module and cable, so there's a chance of a hardware/mechanical issue.

(English) Hardware Maintenance Manual - ThinkPad T540p, W540, W541

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities: English Deutsch Español Português Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Polski Türkçe Moto English

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

10 Posts

03-28-2012

US

25 Signins

415 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2020-03-03, 23:24 PM

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I manually downloaded all drivers for camera and audio. They were already installed as I went thru the Download Wizards for each of them that indicated that the drivers were already installed.I tried the voice recorder app ((does not show a connected microphone)) and camera app (( We can’t find your camera))  both are not working. Device manager does not show microphone or camera. Only the speakers are showing within Device manager. I will investigate further but at this point in time I believe the issue is an internal hardware connection problem. 

Please advise on a recommended Lenovo PC repair facility within my local zip code area of 48706 because the ThinkPad W540 Type: 20BG is under a Walmart warranty. Thank you.  

Options

10 Posts

03-28-2012

US

25 Signins

415 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2020-03-03, 23:36 PM

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I used voice recorder app and the Skype app for the very first time this past Friday and discovered the microphone and web camera were both not working. I tried for approximately 2 hours trying to get them to work within the Windows 10 Professional operating system using software troubleshooters, microphone troubleshooter, camera troubleshooter.             I looked within Device Manager and did not find microphone and web camera. I do not see any unknown devices. 

I manually downloaded all drivers for camera and audio. They were already installed as I went thru the Download Wizards for each of them that indicated that the drivers were installed. I tried the voice recorder app ((does not show a connected microphone)) and camera app (( We can’t find your camera))  both are not working. Device manager does not show microphone or camera. Only the speakers are showing within Device manager. I will investigate further but at this point in time I believe the issue is an internal hardware connection problem. 

Please advise on a recommended Lenovo PC repair facility within my local zip code area of 48706 because the ThinkPad W540 Type: 20BG is under a Walmart warranty. Thank you.  

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save