US

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 2

Mini DP port on Thinkpad P51 not

2020-03-13, 19:28 PM

Laptop: Thinkpad P51 (type 20HJ)

The mini DP port is unable to detect any monitor when connecting with a DP to mini DP cable from ESL (a gaming cable).

The cable is brand new (out of the box), so I'm expecting it to work, unfortuntely I don't have any other devices with a mini DP port to test with.

The HDMI port on the back is working just fine, but I want to connect two external monitors, so I need the mini DP port to work.

So far, I have used the Lenovo service bridge to both download and update all the recommended drivers and also ran the diagnostics.

The diagnostics found 0/15 errors.

I also used the Lenovo software to update the firmware on the system.

Any ideas what could be wrong? I've never used the mini DP on the computer before, so I can verify at all if it has worked before.

I've also have a second problem that kinda seems to be related.

Until I received a Lenovo docking station for the copmuter, I used a startech docking.

https://www.startech.com/Cards-Adapters/Laptop-docking-stations/triple-video-laptop-docking-station~USB3DOCKH2DP

It worked perfectly fine before, but now my computer doesn't detect the docking anymore when I try to connect it.

I've reinstalled all the drivers for the docking, but the computer doesn't respond when connecting the USB 3.0 cable in any of the ports.

All the ports works fine with USBs.

I would need help with one or the other of these two problems as they both would fix my issue of getting a second monitor.

BTW: the reason I need this is for home office. The Lenovo docking station is at work and I can't take it with me home.

Options

2 Posts

03-13-2020

US

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Mini DP port on Thinkpad P51 not

2020-03-16, 13:06 PM

never mind this anymore, i've sorted it out in a different way.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms