Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

03-09-2021

Germany

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 4

Monitor flickering after Docking-Station firmware update

2021-03-26, 10:33 AM

Hi Everyone,

I have problems with the Dockingstation (ThinkPad Ultra Docking Station - Type 40AJ, SN: ********) that I'm using with a Thinkpad P14s gen 1 (SN: xxxxxxxx).

After a firmware update of the Dockingstation, one of the monitors connected started to flicker after a while and then by some time only shows a weird destroyed picture (see attachement). The Monitor didn't have any trouble before the Firmware update or when attached to a different device. It's connected via Displayport. My machine is running latest Windows 10 and Lenovo Vantage tells me all drivers are up to date.

I did this firmware update to get rid of a different problem: When trying to do a screen share, the application where I try the screen share crashes. This happens in any Browser with MS Teams or Google Meets. It also happens when I try a screen share with Slack or 3CX. 

So the firmware update made things only alot worse.

Any help much appreciated.

Jonas

Moderator Note: SN removed to prevent abuse.

Options

2014 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

138 Signins

10210 Page Views

• Views: 10210
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Monitor flickering after Docking-Station firmware update

2021-03-26, 13:31 PM

Hello FM_Jonas,

Greetings

To isolate the problem if it's the DisplayPort, can you try to switch the monitors?

Regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

4 Posts

03-09-2021

Germany

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-03-26, 13:36 PM

Thank you for your reply.

I already switched the monitors at the ports. But the problem stayed at the monitor. 

Monitor A has UHD HDR and is showing the described issues.

Monitor B runs at HD and is not showing issues.

Options

2014 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

138 Signins

10210 Page Views

• Views: 10210
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-04-13, 21:22 PM

Hello FM_Jonas,

My apologies for the delayed response.

By the way, how's the laptop connected directly with the monitor without the docks? 
Check if the version of firmware and driver matches those offered directly in support site instead of just vantage and update as needed to check again with the docking station

Best regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms