Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

38 Posts

10-09-2008

Canada

215 Signins

1683 Page Views

• Views: 1683
  • Message 1 of 2

My first Thinkpad...a W500

2008-11-09, 5:27 AM

I placed order for w500 on Oct 16 and received the order on Oct 29, I was happy with the machine for the first two days, till I tried to burn recovery discs withe W500's DVD burner.
Long story short, the DVD burner was defective.

I contacted tech support on Saturday (Nov 1), and they instructed me to contact sales rep because my order was too new.

ok then, I contacted sales rep on Monday and they asked me to contact tech support again.
this time, the tech support on the other side was a lady and she told me they will ship me a replacement.

On Tuesday(Nov 4) afternoon, I received the replacement, but I felt it wasn't right as soon as I opened the box. yeah, that was a CD-writer (part number 42T2543), not a DVD-writer (42T2515). So I called tech support again, and then said they will sent me another one. I shall be able to receive it on Thurdsay.

On Thursday afternoon, I still havn't received the replacement, so I called them again and got the tracking number. With the tracking number, I checked shipping status online and Purolator said the shipping address was  incorrent, so I called Purolator and correct the address, just because somehow missing the unit/appartment number on the form. (Well, the address was correct for the first replacement that I received on Tuesday)

Finally I got the second replacement on Friday morning (Nov 7) and I have a good DVD burner now.

This was the first time I bought a Thinkpad, and as you can see, it definitely wasn't smooth.

Tuesday this week (Nov 4), I received another order (X200), X200 seems fine, and I feel that X200 has a better keyboard than W500.

My another complain, is the plastic piece that cover volume buttons and Thinkvantage button, flexes on both my W500 and X200 if press at its middle.

Combining those keyboard issues that other people complain, I just hope Lenovo can improve their quality control before shipping products.

Options

17 Posts

05-03-2008

USA

18 Signins

140 Page Views

• Views: 140
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: My first Thinkpad...a W500

2008-11-09, 8:31 AM
My T61 flex on that area too.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms