Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

24 Posts

10-06-2008

United States of America

48 Signins

229 Page Views

• Views: 229
  • Message 31 of 34

Re: reinstalling with the older driver 7.5.17.27 works for me

2008-12-03, 17:07 PM

So I will contact lenovo to return and reorder my machine again?

Can I let them send me a machine first and return my machine after that?

or can I return my machine and let them give me another machine without reordering?

Options

30 Posts

10-29-2008

Victoria, BC, Canada

78 Signins

363 Page Views

• Views: 363
  • Message 32 of 34

Re: reinstalling with the older driver 7.5.17.27 works for me

2008-12-03, 17:30 PM

wrote:

So I will contact lenovo to return and reorder my machine again?

Can I let them send me a machine first and return my machine after that?

or can I return my machine and let them give me another machine without reordering?

I hope your machine is within the 'return' timeframe from which you purchased it. (for me, it's 21 or 30 days.  Something like that)

If so, get in touch with a customer support over the phone and tell them that you need to return a defective unit - what you're looking to get is a DOA number (dead on arrival, presumably).  You will likely be either transferred to a sales representative or told that someone will contact you in the next day or two.  I just called the sales department immediately.  Support or Sales should email you a document that you need to print out - you'll need to write your DOA number on it.  They will also cover the cost of shipping (they will give you an account number to use with UPS or whoever).

Ship the unit back using the information they give you.  They normally will not process a new order until they receive your defective unit first, but if you ask nicely, they MIGHT (I stress 'might') order one at the same time for you that matches your original specs - just get them to do the order for you.  If any questions are raised, just say that you're willing to pay the same price AGAIN on your credit card to expedite the new machine's delivery.  This means that you'll have two computers on your credit card for a short period of time.  Once they receive your old unit, they will credit your card appropriately, leaving you with the expense of only one machine.

Now, I am in Canada so the process and terminology might differ where you are, but that's what worked for me!

Options

5 Posts

12-05-2008

USA

19 Signins

79 Page Views

• Views: 79
  • Message 33 of 34

Re: New W500: mouse cursor 'freezes'... then 'thaws' within seconds

2008-12-05, 23:11 PM

I have the same problem with my T400. Furthermore, when the touchpad responses there is a annoying noise "zzzzz" emit from the key board area and this noise exists even on idle. The only difference is the noise gets louder when I touch the touchpad and/or track point.

I have tried different ultranav drivers, but no one works. I've called the service depart. They may send a tech on next Monday. I hope the problem may be resolved by him.

Options

5 Posts

12-05-2008

USA

19 Signins

79 Page Views

• Views: 79
  • Message 34 of 34

Re: New W500: mouse cursor 'freezes'... then 'thaws' within seconds

2008-12-09, 21:26 PM

A service man came yesterday. He changed the keyboard and palm rest and the problem just gone!!

So if you have the same problem with me, you may contact lenovo and get your keyboard and palm rest changed.

Good luck!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms