Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

8095 Posts

11-19-2007

United States of America

10101 Signins

400183 Page Views

• Views: 400183
  • Message 51 of 53

Re: New W510 - High Pitched Whine/Sqeal Using Battery

2012-02-13, 21:48 PM

Jday,

Potentially true except that I believe we found it was not always the same capacitor producing the sound.

There is an update through service - I'm sorry that in Chatbox's case we didn't seem to resolve it previously.  It may have been a case of when the repairs were done.

Chatbox,

I would recommend you contact service again if you this is still a significant issue on your replacement system.

Also, I apologize for not getting back to you on your USB issue last year.

Mark

Options

584 Posts

11-04-2010

Canada

811 Signins

5452 Page Views

• Views: 5452
  • Message 52 of 53

2012-02-14, 5:41 AM

Hi Mark,

Could you recommend a course of action for me to resolve the capped / 5Gbps-INcapable USB 3 bandwidth issue with Lenovo?

I currently have a case with LCC about the thermal issue.  While LCC has mentioned and is considering another system replacement for my W510, there is no mention of whether the USB 3 and high pitch whine issues will be addressed.

During a conversation with the LCC contact, I have mentioned on two separate occasions that my goal is to have the issues addressed via technical or engineering means.  Not a replacement.  But the contact person seem to be under the impression that a new system will address the thermal issue.  

Options

1 Posts

06-03-2012

Norway

1 Signins

7 Page Views

• Views: 7
  • Message 53 of 53

2012-06-03, 17:52 PM

Bringing this old thread back to life...

I have written a system stray application, "Laptop Whine Killer", which would suppress the louder type of whine from W510. (I got a new laptop at my work as the primary development machine and it started to drive me crazy!)

Here is thee link to my post with a download link:  http://stanislavs.org/?p=221

It uses the "silent sound playback" method, but is less obtrusive than a media player and does not require a large sound file (the executable is less than 1MB in size).

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms