Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Linux Operating SystemsFedora
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

05-18-2021

United States of America

6 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 1

P1 Gen 3 Linux; multiple issues

2021-06-09, 20:42 PM

This is a beautiful machine with great build quality, although I was surprised to see that it was manufactured by a subcontractor for Lenovo. There are a few issues with its software, both OS and apps, which I have addressed unsuccessfully with Fedora or KDE, so it appears they may be Lenovo issues.

1. When the machine is first powered on, it unpacks an operating system from a recovery partition. Fedora 33 is what was unpacked; it is now upgraded to Fedora 34. It seemed successful, but it offered no opportunity to encrypt the drive. Now, it is too late, because LUKS cannot encrypt at this point without essentially reinstalling Fedora, and BTRFS does not have a tested encryption process. This is poor planning for a business class computer. Other than creating a bootable live Fedora image on a USB drive and reinstalling the operating system, is there any way to encrypt the drive at this point? 

2. Bluetooth doesn't stay connected. The Bluetooth radio stays on, but it drops the connection to known devices. Repeatedly; almost immediately. Is there a fix?

3. KDE is the desktop environment I'm using. It's terminal is called Konsole. The typed input into Konsole is not visible, regardless of the color schemes being applied. KDE was unable to duplicate the problem, suggesting that it might be something about the Lenovo Fedora distro. Thoughts?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms