Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

06-22-2016

Austria

12 Signins

56 Page Views

• Views: 56
  • Message 1 of 4

P40 pen input not working after Windows reset.

2016-11-16, 9:27 AM

Hi!

I had some trouble with my P40 last week (so... no, I'm not happy with it so far if you wonder). I had to RESET windows 10 (using Settings>Recovery>Reset this PC -keeping user files-).

I have to mention that after the reset, I re-installed the Wacom drivers for a Cintiq 22HDT I use at the office. (I don't know if this might create some conflicts with the Wacom drivers for the P40's screen).

Anyway... When I go to start and type "Wacom", I see:

1. Wacom Tablet Properties: I get the message "A supported tablet was not found on the system". (at the moment I'm in China without my Cintiq 22HDT, so this might be fine).

2. Wacom Desktop Center. This is necessary for the 22HDT.

3. Wacom Pen: When I click on it I get the message "The tablet driver is not running" (I guess this is the problem).

4. Wacom Display Settings: When I open it, I get the message "No Wacom Displays. No supported Wacom display connected. This software is not required by and does not work with all Wacom tablets."

So... it seems that my Wacom driver for the P40's screen is not working. How do I go around fixing it?

By the way... touch input is working without problems.

Thanks and regards!

Options

3 Posts

11-21-2016

Sweden

2 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 2 of 4

P40 pen input not working after Windows reset.

2016-11-21, 9:16 AM

The Wacom Pen that comes with P40 is using the WinTab drivers and not the Wacom drivers you installed for Cintiq. To get the Wacom pen to work again you go to Services and Applications under Computer Management (Shortcut: Win+X G) and open Services and find the Wacom ISD Service and do a stop-start on that and your Wacom Pen will work again. You can now also open up the Wacom Pen settings app as the service has found your pen (why it did not the first time the started is a mystery). I did not either have this frustrating experience until I installed my Cintiq drivers and rebooted the computer so there is definitely a conflict going on at startup.

So to supersize: The Wacom Pen app is for the P40s Wacom Pen and the Wacom Tablet Properties/Wacom Display Settings is for the Clintiq, neither app will launch if the hardware is not detected and the detections is done by Services. And the services seem to conflict when drivers for WinTab and Clintiq is both percent.

This isn’t a good situation that need to be fixed. The hardware can coexist as the problem only appares after the first reboot.

Options

4407 Posts

01-22-2010

United States of America

38778 Signins

586136 Page Views

• Views: 586136
  • Message 3 of 4

Re: P40 pen input not working after Windows reset.

2016-11-21, 9:12 AM

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

8 Posts

06-22-2016

Austria

12 Signins

56 Page Views

• Views: 56
  • Message 4 of 4

Re: P40 pen input not working after Windows reset.

2016-11-25, 3:24 AM

Hi Jimstein, thanks for the post. I tried and worked like a charm.

I wonder if Lenovo and Wacom are aware of this conflict. It is really not acceptable for professional users that deppend on using the stylus... 

How can this be reported? Hopefully with a software update we can have a permanent fix.

One last question... Would I need to start stop the service every time I reboot?

Thanks and regards!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms