Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit our eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

12-25-2016

Japan

7 Signins

145 Page Views

• Views: 145
  • Message 1 of 3

P50 - Synaptics touchpad driver has unacceptable, jerky cursor movement

2017-05-25, 15:27 PM

On every P50 I've tried and across all Windows versions, the cursor does not move smoothly when making precision (i.e. slow or very slight) movements. Try slowly moving a finger across the trackpad, or gently rolling a finger back and forth--the cursor will skip about 40 or 50 pixels (!) before coming to rest.

The issue is trivial to reproduce; in fact, there's no need to even specifically try to reproduce it, as it happens hundreds of times a day during normal use. It's bad enough dealing with it while trying to do mundane activities like browsing, but even worse is that it effectively makes using things like Photoshop outright impossible.

Since there have been fixes for other mouse/trackpad/touchstick driver bugs, can we please get a fix for this as well?

Options

13 Posts

06-19-2015

United States of America

45 Signins

588 Page Views

• Views: 588
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: P50 - Synaptics touchpad driver has unacceptable, jerky cursor movement

2017-05-25, 21:55 PM
Have you tried increasing the sensitivity level setting? I maxed mine out which significantly improved the touchpad experience for me.
Options

4 Posts

12-25-2016

Japan

7 Signins

145 Page Views

• Views: 145
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: P50 - Synaptics touchpad driver has unacceptable, jerky cursor movement

2017-05-25, 22:02 PM

Yes, I've tried increasing the pressure sensitivity setting, but unfortunately, it doesn't help. (In fact, if I set it to maximum, I can't even move the cursor!)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms