Options

4 Posts

10-13-2016

US

15 Signins

129 Page Views

• Views: 129
  • Message 1 of 2

P50 / Win10 2004 Black external display?

2020-10-10, 22:36 PM

Hi

Supporting a p50 that recently went from Win10 1803 to 2004.  "Feature updates"

User is reporting both P50 + external monitor go black and won't wake up.

I've invested much time into confirming all firmware/drivers updated, no sleep / hibernate settings while power on (Thinkpad dock station).

Digging through event logs the system appears to not have any power events UNTIL user holds power button to forcefully shutdown PC/  Once booted back up extended display works.

They have also reported it happening twice in 1 morning where for the last week all other incidents its just first use of ThinkPad in morning.

Last thing I've done now is set monitor to not go to sleep and will see what that reveals.  When I get onsite next I'm going to set BIOS to only use Nvidia and turn off Intel.

Its clearly a 2004 issue - Anyone having display issues on their thinkpad p50 with 2004?  

Thanks.

Options

1 Posts

10-15-2020

DE

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:P50 / Win10 2004 Black external display?

2020-10-15, 19:45 PM

I had the same problem and the same ideas to overcome the problem. At the same time, the idle processor load on my system was about 50% (2 of 4 cores were busy).

This morning, after booting the computer, there was an nVidia installation orgy from a console window (monitor on/off, on/off, on/off, ...).

Tonight I took back all my own modifications (hopefully).

So far idle processor load ~10% and no blue screens after the successful wakeup.

Hopefully I am not too optimistic ...

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete