Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-09-2020

Turkey

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 2

P50S Fingerprint Scanner Doesn't Work

2020-04-09, 19:38 PM

Hello people,

My fingerprint scanner used to work around  a week ago and suddenly stopped working completely. Around the same period I updated all my drivers from Lenovo website and I'm thinking that maybe one of the new drivers might have done it. I forgot the rollback feature on the device manager and just went ahead and formatted my laptop to make a fresh install since I didn't have any important documents on the laptop however even after a fresh install of windows and latest drivers my fingerprint scanner doesn't work.

The windows recognizes the fingerprint scanner and I can get to the section where you are supposed to add the fingerprints however the green light doesn't light up and I cannot scan my fingerprints at all. 

I would really appreciate if anybody could help me out here. 

Options

2 Posts

04-09-2020

Turkey

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:P50S Fingerprint Scanner Doesn't Work

2020-04-09, 20:08 PM

Also, I have now been trying to use the system update software by Lenovo and for the third time it's saying that my "validity fingerprint common driver" needs update and even though I've updated that same driver twice through the software and 3 times from the website before it's still not resolving the issue so maybe this is where the issue is coming from?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms