Germany

35 Signins

403 Page Views

• Views: 403
  • Message 1 of 2

P52 | WWAN Upgrade - Antennas present?

2018-08-23, 11:31 AM

Hello everyone,

I'm considering purchasing a P52 (20M9001NGE; probably not getting the P3200 and settling for the P2000 though) in a couple of weeks. I saw that Lenovo offers the P52 with WWAN capabilities and was wondering if the additional antennas are built into non-WWAN capable models, hence making adding a WWAN card down the line a tremendous amount easier (without having to purchase an antenna kit and essentially ripping the whole thing apart).

Unfortunately, information on this seems pretty sparse at the moment. Does anyone here have a P52 and knows whether non-WWAN models contain the required antennas?

Thanks!

Options

360 Posts

01-23-2009

Finland

654 Signins

6760 Page Views

• Views: 6760
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: P52 | WWAN Upgrade - Antennas present?

2018-08-24, 6:56 AM

If you look at the parts list, there are WLAN antennas and WLAN+WWAN antennas. My P52 (I customized it, not a prebuilt model) came with WLAN+WWAN, so I can probably upgrade LTE later. But there was no indication this was going to be the case, in fact I assumed it will be WLAN antennas only and no upgrade. Only after the order shipped and I got the serial could I check in the parts lookup. 

And even now I am now 100% I can upgrade. I would need to open up the keyboard and look if the antennas are indeed wires into place.

Lenard | (I am a Lenovo INsider - a volunteer and not a Lenovo employee) | @lenardg
ThinkPad P15 Gen1 | YOGA C630 WOS
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms