09-08-2019

US

2 Signins

33 Page Views

• Views: 33
  • Message 1 of 2

P52 buttons below touchpad

2020-09-14, 16:17 PM

I have not been able to find any information on the buttons below the touchpad on the P52, as opposed to the other set of buttons between the touchpad and keyboard. Are they replaceable? Can be purchased online? Any information is greatly appreciated.

Options

157 Posts

11-27-2007

US

246 Signins

4993 Page Views

• Views: 4993
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:P52 buttons below touchpad

2020-09-23, 5:10 AM

I'm not sure I know where you are going with this! I can only assume the following:

You have damaged the buttons and need to replace them?

These buttons are NOT available separately. They are part of the touchpad assembly. Some third party sellers will sell you ONLY the touchpad (and I'm sure if you look around, probably only the buttons).  Unless Lenovo has changed things, they are ONE assembly with the palmrest (meaning expensive, and really expensive the more modules you have attached to it -fingerprint, pantone, NFC, etc.). Some online vendors will sell you the palmrest with no sensors, and even include the touchpad and/or lower buttons without the sensor. Either way, they are NOT cheap. Difficulty in replacing the touchpad and or palmrest (you will have to remove a lot of components to get to it) depend on the skill level of the individual. For me, it is a simple process, since I have been working on ThinkPads since the mid/late 90s.

The CHEAPEST and QUICKEST solution. Find a damaged palmrest, remove the key/s in question and replace them (as long as the button mounting assemblies are not damaged on your palmrest). It is possible to just swap buttons, without the need for laptop disassembly. However, if you don't know what you are doing it is easy to shear tabs, etc. 

You can find the HMM (Hardware Maintenance Manual) here : https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/tp_p52_hmm_en.pdf

Here, you will find some official removal videos. It should make it easier to determine if you want to go the long route: https://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/solutions/ht508550

Currently own: X220T, X220, X230, X250, T430, T450, W550s 3K,
P50 4K Xeon 64GB, 4TB SSD, 1TB SSD, 1TB SSD
P50 FHD (Upgraded), 48GB, 1TB SSD, 1TB SSD, 2TB Spinner,
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete