Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

09-02-2019

United States of America

14 Signins

78 Page Views

• Views: 78
  • Message 11 of 13

Re:P53 keyboard issues

2021-02-02, 16:56 PM

Mine was never resolved after multiple fixes.  I even ordered multiple units and the keyboard issue of missing strokes was on all of the P53's.  So I returned all of them even after trying to get it fixed by the depot.  

Options

8 Posts

05-13-2017

United States of America

4 Signins

56 Page Views

• Views: 56
  • Message 12 of 13

2021-02-04, 19:13 PM

My P53 keyboard constantly misses keystrokes.  It destroys my touch-typing speed and I find that I intentionally mash the keys because somehow I feel that it drops keystrokes because I've not completely compressed the key.  I know that's not the case though.  There have been a few times when it has dropped a keystroke in combination with a modifier key (SHIFT, CONTROL) and I still have the modifier compressed when I realized that the keystroke was dropped.  repeated pressing of the keystroke does not register until I release the modifier and start with a new press sequence of modifier+keystroke.  There are plenty of other situations when keystrokes are dropped without modifiers so it's not solely linked to modifier keys.

My 3.5-year-old P51 keyboard that I've worn smooth the homekey ridges through use (LED backlight now shines through the ridge locations) works flawlessly.

If you are a speedy typist then do not buy the P53 - you will hate using it everyday for years to come.

Options

3 Posts

12-21-2017

United States of America

5 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 13 of 13

2021-06-09, 20:01 PM

Can confirm, the keyboard on the P53 is terrible. It is so inferior to a Dell Latitude keyboard that it is laughable. Besides dropping keystrokes, it is like mush. The entire draw of this system is the Thinkpad keyboard, which makes this a terrible purchase for *anyone*.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms