Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

01-21-2021

Finland

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 3

Question about user-serviceable parts on the Lenovo P14s or T14

2021-01-21, 17:06 PM

I live in Finland and I'm interested in an AMD P14s or T14 for my next work laptop. I will mainly be doing software development on this laptop, and so an ANSI keyboard layout is important to me. Unfortunately, I have not found an EU vendor selling a P14s or T14 with an ANSI keyboard option. Can someone please let me know whether it is an option for me to purchase a P14s with an ISO Nordic layout keyboard from a Finnish vendor and then replace it with an ANSI keyboard replacement part? Or are these parts not interchangeable? The hardware maintenance manual does not seem to specify.

I'd also like to verify my understanding that the SSD on these models can also be replaced?

Thanks!

Options

1676 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

111 Signins

8425 Page Views

• Views: 8425
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Question about user-serviceable parts on the Lenovo P14s or T14

2021-01-21, 18:49 PM

Hello pinemach,

Welcome to Lenovo Community

Converting or interchanging keyboards ANSI to ISO or vice versa is not possible, but you can always try contacting your Lenovo Customer Service in your region to determine if you can get an ANSI type machine.

As for the SSD, yes it is upgradeable. Kindly check this link

Hope this helps

Regards, 

Lorenzo_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

2 Posts

01-21-2021

Finland

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Question about user-serviceable parts on the Lenovo P14s or T14

2021-01-22, 13:44 PM
Thank you for your response! Is it possible to get some more technical information on why I could not replace an ISO keyboard with an ANSI keyboard on a P14s or T14? Visually, the parts look like they should be interchangeable. What specifically is the incompatibility?
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms