Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

03-29-2017

Germany

15 Signins

99 Page Views

• Views: 99
  • Message 1 of 4

Spontaneous hangs, freezes and crashes (Lenovo P50)

2017-10-19, 20:22 PM

Hello,

really strange things are happening to my laptop (Lenovo P50).

The laptop is spontaneously freezing, hanging and crashing at completely odd times, without any apparent reason.
Sometimes I have to wait some second (still really annoying), but sometimes the only thing I can do, is to reboot it.

* Checking the Windows Event Logs on computers affected by this issue isn’t any help.
* I have done all possible checks (memory, CPU, SSD etc.) with Lenovo Tools and in BIOS -> all test have been passed.
* I have reinstalled Windows, but without any success.

* Even the mainboard was changed to the new one!

Could you please help me with this issue?
What else could it be?

Thanks in advance.

Options

9558 Posts

01-13-2008

United States of America

78250 Signins

2252515 Page Views

• Views: 2252515
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Spontaneous hangs, freezes and crashes (Lenovo P50)

2017-10-21, 14:37 PM

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities: English Deutsch Español Português Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Polski Türkçe Moto English

Options

1 Posts

12-28-2017

India

2 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 3 of 4

2017-12-28, 6:48 AM

I am also facing hanging issue. Sometimes it stuck for few seconds and then start working. I also got my motherborard replaced. Fan replaced but not luck.

Options

6 Posts

08-27-2015

United States

8 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 4 of 4

2018-01-04, 1:31 AM

My P50 is also freezing. In my case, it happens when I come back to the laptop after being away long enough for the screen to automatically turn off. I'm running Windows 10. I'm up-to-date on BIOS and other system updates. Event Viewer shows nothing interesting.

My power settings are such that the display automatically turns off after 15 minutes. I do NOT let the laptop sleep automatically -- this is just the display being turned off. When I touch the touchpad, move the pointer, hit a key, etc., nothing happens. My only option is to do a forced shutdown of the computer, by holding the power button down for several seconds.

I don't recall exactly when this problem started, but it's been happening for at least a few months.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms