VE

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 3

System Security Tamper and BIOS password Lenovo P51

2020-09-18, 19:59 PM

Hi, nice to meet you guys.

I have been doing IT support for Lenovo's PCs 8 years ago. But, at this time, a get very stuck in this.

I have a P51 that shows me just after turn it on the following message: System Security - Bottom cover tamper detected. PRess ESC to continue (That's ok because I alreaddy got cover out).

But just after that, the system requires me a Fingerprint (it's ok, and my finger pass).

Later, the system requires me a PASSWORD or maybe a PIN, I think it is for the BIOS but I don't remember that. I just have the supervisor password, but that password doesn't work with it.

How Can I do to restore my BIOS settings, user PIN/password, and Tamper Advice?.

The machine doesn't let me get into the BIOS, I press F1, F2, F11, F12 but the only message that I get always is "System Security blablabla"

Support Lenovo doesn´t give me information about it. They only said to me "Give it to a service support agent".

I don't know but It should be a way to restore de BIOS setting with my Supervisor Password.

Please, help me. Thank you very much in advance.

PD: Attached you can see some pictures of the screen.

Options

11279 Posts

01-02-2010

US

39721 Signins

415368 Page Views

• Views: 415368
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:System Security Tamper and BIOS password Lenovo P51

2020-09-18, 23:26 PM

If you have a power-on password and a supervisor password and they are different, it will prompt for the power-on first.  If you hit ESC, it will let you in with just the supervisor PW.  If that isn't what's going on, you have forgotten the supervisor password

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Options

166 Posts

11-27-2007

US

252 Signins

5118 Page Views

• Views: 5118
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:System Security Tamper and BIOS password Lenovo P51

2020-09-23, 5:47 AM

The system comes with the SENSORS disabled. This is for Administrators to know if a device has been tampered with (since a lot of the internal components can get expensive, sometimes exceeding the cost of the machine (running 64/128GB of ram and three SSD's totaling 8TB is NOT cheap - I know! - ). As part of the setup process (enabling the sensor/s), one must enable certain security features. 

If you are or are not the one that enabled these security features, you can find additional information to your questions here:

https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/p51_hmm_en_sp40k88791_01.pdf

Currently own: X220T, X220, X230, X250, T430, T450, W550s 3K,
P50 4K Xeon 64GB, 4TB SSD, 1TB SSD, 1TB SSD
P50 FHD (Upgraded), 48GB, 1TB SSD, 1TB SSD, 2TB Spinner,
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete