Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

08-19-2010

Virginia, U.S.A.

1 Signins

36 Page Views

• Views: 36
  • Message 1 of 2

TV-out in W510

2010-08-19, 18:19 PM

My W510 has NVIDIA Quadro FX 880M graphic card. I would like to connect my laptop to my old CRT TV which has S-Video and RCA inputs. I am not sure if VGA to RCA connector is enough or I would need VGA to RCA converter. The thing is that I need to know if my graphic card has TV-out function. Could anyone give me some advice?

Many many thanks in advance.

Options

122 Posts

03-11-2009

Southeastern US

289 Signins

2371 Page Views

• Views: 2371
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: TV-out in W510

2010-08-19, 19:41 PM
You would have to get a signal converter, though I'm not sure such a beast exists anymore. The video card will output through that VGA connector just fine, but you need to properly get the signal to your device. You can look at places like Radio Shack or Monprice (in the U.S. that is), or do some general research to find out if converting the signal is practical or even possible. Also consider that an old CRT TV has *very* low resolution. Your W510 is at least 1366x768. An old CRT will likely be in the ~500x200 range (a rough approximation, but you get the point). The image will not be pretty and you won't have much room to display any windows.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms