US

11 Signins

75 Page Views

• Views: 75
  • Message 1 of 2

Terrible experience on lenovo and thinkpad

2020-07-29, 21:04 PM

Hi guys, 

I wanna share my terrible experience with lenovo recently.

I have a thinkpad P1 Gen2 purchased last year, everything is good, but the screen is defective this year. So I sent it to depot for repairing. They replaced my screen with a downgraded one (originally, it was a 500 nits one, they changed to a 300 nits one). After I noticed this problem, I called them. They simple asked me to mail back the computer again and did not recognizing it is their mistake!

Recently, I wanna re-buy a P1 Gen 2 with 4k screen. When it arrived, it had overheating issue. The temperature on the keyboard reached to 108 F even when I simply watched youtube. Judging from the poor behavior of their technique support, I had to return it and rebuy a new one.

The second one, screen has defective pixel. It seems someone scratched it on the screen. You guys can find the images I uploaded before. I have to returned it. 

The funny thing is that, due to I had a lot of cancellation during I purchased the second one, lenovo put me into a small business and forbid me to buy their computers using my credit card! I tried to solve this issue with them by phone. I spent day and day, they only told me to ask another department for solution. Sale department asked me to customer service department, customer service department asked me to credit card department, then credit card department asked me to sale department. Again and Again. Finally, they told me it was their system which automatically tagged me as a reseller and they cannot solve the issue and asked me to use another address and card!

OK, then I use my working place, and booked a X1 Yoga gen 4 since I already spent a lot time on purchasing computer but got nothing and X1 Yoga gen 4 has fast shipment. Finally, I found that the microphone didn't work!!!

I really speachless to lenovo.

Hope this can help you guys when you wanna choose thinkpad. 

Options

7 Posts

07-04-2020

US

11 Signins

75 Page Views

• Views: 75
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Terrible experience on lenovo and thinkpad

2020-07-30, 21:05 PM

Hi guys,

Today I returned the X1 Yoga Gen 4. 

And when I detach the original shipping label. I found the computer was sent to me from their return center if I understand correctly (They have a return to as the sender).

Maybe some lenovo staff can explain this????

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete