US

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 3

ThinkPad P1 Gen 2 (Type 20QT)

2020-09-07, 3:10 AM

Hi All,

I received my ThinkPad P1 Gen 2 (Type 20QT) two days ago. After I set it up, I performed all Windows and Lenovo upgrades. Now I'm having an issue where the built-in speakers are not detected once the laptop restarts from sleep. To give more details:

1. Reboot laptop -> built-in speakers work fine
  2. Close the lid to put laptop in sleep.
  3. After few minutes open laptop -> The speakers are not detected. 
  4. The only way to recover is to reboot the laptop.

Other articles suggest to run "Windows Troubleshooting" from the "Control Panel". Even that does not show the built-in speakers as an option. Please see the attached image. This does not have built-in speakers.

Honestly I do not know if this issue was present before I did any of the upgrades. I ran upgrades very soon after setting up this computer. I'm so very disappointed that my brand-new laptop has such issues.

Please suggest how to proceed. Also let me know if I can provide other details.

Thanks,

ILB

Options

1 Posts

02-22-2020

CA

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:ThinkPad P1 Gen 2 (Type 20QT)

2020-09-08, 0:21 AM

Go to Device Manager. 

1) Under "Audio inputs and outputs". Right-click on Speakers and select Uninstall Device. 

2) Under "Sound, video and game controllers". Right-click on Synaptics Audio and select Uninstall Device.

Basically uninstall all audio devices, if you have the option, select to delete the device driver. Then reboot and let Windows 10 re-install the audio drivers properly. 

Options

2 Posts

09-07-2020

US

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:ThinkPad P1 Gen 2 (Type 20QT)

2020-09-08, 22:37 PM

Hello,

Thanks for your suggestions. However, they did not work. I was still having the same trouble. I tried the steps twice. In the second attempt, I even removed the microphone and nvidia drivers. The internal speakers would still disappear after waking from sleep.

On the other hand, I noticed that I had the option to upgrade to "Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64". That upgrade seems to have solved the issue. The speakers did not disappear even after multiple cycles of sleep and wake up. I hope this issue is fixed for good now.

Thanks.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete