Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

04-02-2020

Netherlands

31 Signins

165 Page Views

• Views: 165
  • Message 1 of 4

ThinkPad P1 Gen 2 USB-C to DisplayPort Adapter Windows 10

2020-04-02, 13:24 PM

I have used a dell docking station before and it worked fine but I want to connect my screen directly to my laptop without the need of a docking station. When I plug in my monitor using the adapter into the usb-c hub, I repeatedly get a message saying "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognise it.". If I look at the manual (https://manual-hub.com/manuals/lenovo-thinkpad-p1-gen-2-01-pdf-manual/) on page 4, it seems to say that my USB-C ports should support DisplayPort.

I tried connecting the monitor with the same adapter to another Dell laptop and it worked fine on that one. Also I have 2 USB-C ports, both behave the same.

EDIT: I found out that there were available updates on my Lenovo Vantage. I installed 2 of the three and I want to install the last one too since it seems critical to this issue. The update is called 'Thunderbolt Firmware Update Tool (Hybrid Graphics) for (Windows 10 Version 1709 or Later) - 10 [64]'. When I click install all updates (or install selected updates, it does the same), it downloads this update and installs it. Then prompts me to reboot (I click yes). After reboot I check for updates again in VANTAGE, but the update is still there. How do I update?

EDIT: It looks like my current version is N20TF06W (I checked this using some given bat file when trying to install the update manually) and I want to install 1.1.10.3-N2OTF09W. Even when installing the update manually with a file called n2otj04w.exe, it still did not work

Options

2 Posts

07-01-2020

Germany

3 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:ThinkPad P1 Gen 2 USB-C to DisplayPort Adapter Windows 10

2020-07-01, 8:23 AM

Hi there,

i have the same Problem. my Displays are no longer working  when connectet to USB-C Port after installing this update. have you found a solution for this Problem? it would be of great help!

greetings 

Bobby

Options

9 Posts

04-02-2020

Netherlands

31 Signins

165 Page Views

• Views: 165
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-07-01, 8:27 AM
In the end I changed my operating system to Linux so I think you do not want to go that route. Maybe try to update your Firmware with the lenovo vantage application? Did you use a docking station or an adapter like me to connect your display to usb-c?
Options

2 Posts

07-01-2020

Germany

3 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-07-01, 12:37 PM

i have 2 external Monitors (HP Z27) connected via a HP-Dockingstation. but even if i connect the monitors directly from USB-C to the display-port of the monitor it doesnt help. every thing els connectet on the Dockingstation works fine exept for the monitor. it used to work just fine bevor i updatet. now i only have one monitor connected via hdmi. do you know if i can downgrade to the previous version?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms