Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

17 Posts

09-09-2013

New Jersey

22 Signins

175 Page Views

• Views: 175
  • Message 1 of 1

Thinkpad W500 switchable graphics not working Win7

2014-01-14, 20:19 PM

I see that there are 2 Display adapters

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 and

Mobile Intel(R) 45 Express Chipset

I had the lenovo switchable graphic software, and was using the Fire GL upgraded from ATI Mobility Radeon.

I installed Window 7 about 3,4 years ago, and both of the videocard was running fine.

I have been using the w500 fine for 5 years, and my screen suddenly blacked out, but window kept running.

When I booted with Safe mode and uninstalled both display adapters and reinstalled, it didnt fix the problem.

I reinstalled Win7 and the Fire GL Videocard worked for about 1 hour, and screen blacked out again.

I reinstalled Win 7 again, and Fire GL is still not working.

I installed the switchable graphic software after reinstallization of Win 7, and it said Error code 43? that something was wrong with the graphic card, and window stopped it.

I gave my laptop to PC Warehouse, and told them I have 2 switchable graphic cards, but when they opened it, they only saw one graphic card connected to mainboard.

And that there is no room for second graphic card. They couldnt find what the problem is.

I am currently using the Mobile Intel(R) graphic card to run my window7, and ATI Mobility Radeon has the error code 10, This device cannot start.

My lenovo warrenty has ended.

I found out that the new w500 videocard is about $250, and that it is better to buy new laptop.

Is there any way to fix this? Is the video graphic card hardware broken.??

Help Please~~

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms