Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

03-09-2021

Germany

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 7

Tochpad disabled after Stand-By

2021-03-09, 8:49 AM

Hi Everybody,

I've got the ThinkPad P14s with AMD CPU running latest Windows 10.

When my machine goes into stand-by (observed during battery use) and I start using it again and get it out of stand-by, the touchpad is disabled and I can't get it back on since there doesn't seem to be a hotkey for turning it on and off. I usually have to restart the whole machine then.

Lenovo Vantage tells me everythin is up to date.

Any advice much apreciated.

Best Regards

Jonas

Options

2485 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

269 Signins

12621 Page Views

• Views: 12621
  • Message 2 of 7

Re:Tochpad disabled after Stand-By

2021-03-09, 11:56 AM

Hi FM_Jonas,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Make sure you have the newest Chipset drivers for your device, especially Management Engine Interface drivers.
You can find and install the newest drivers from the Lenovo Support Page
Just plot in the serial number of the device, click the search icon and select your device, then head to Drivers & Software, select Manual Update, then select the Chipset section
Right click the files in question and select "Run as Administrator".

Also try to disable "Fast Startup" if available in the power options.

- Navigate to the windows icon in the bottom left, click it and start typing "Control Panel"
- While in Control Panel, navigate to the "Power Options" Icon / link.
- In the left column, click "Choose what closing the lid does"
- Click "Change Settings that are currently unavailable"
- Unmark "Turn on fast startup" (This does not affect Restarting the computer), but when it starts up again from sleep and/or hibernation.

In the event this does not help solve the issue, then I'd suggest turning off Hybrid Sleep & Hibernate in "Advanced Power Settings" for your device.

Click the Power plan you are using and then select "Change advanced power settings"

Navigate to and expand the "sleep" section, then click on "Hybrid Sleep" & "Hibernate"

Disable both and only let the "Sleep" function be on.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

2034 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

139 Signins

10330 Page Views

• Views: 10330
  • Message 3 of 7

2021-03-09, 12:52 PM

Hello FM_Jonas,

Welcome to Lenovo Community

I suggest that you update the drivers from the support site then restart the computer

You may also check this link:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/touchpad-stops-working-after-sleep-mode/39c88595-69ab-4901-8d1f-77a99c8e7c3d

Hope this helps

Regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

6 Posts

03-08-2021

United States of America

6 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 4 of 7

2021-03-09, 19:28 PM

@FM_Jonas This is a 'known' problem that many of us have experienced with the P14S. Lenovo does not seem to recognize this as an issue. I ended up requesting a return of my laptop as no-one would recognize this as an issue.  Super frustrating, but based on posts on this forum I doubt you will be able to get it fixed until Lenovo recognizes this as an issue and posts an updated driver (19.5.19.75 is utterly broken)

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile-Workstations/P14s-trackpad-doesn-t-work-properly-after-sleep/m-p/5068070?page=3#5276581

Options

1 Posts

03-10-2021

Austria

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 5 of 7

2021-03-10, 12:55 PM

We have the same issue here on every Thinkpad P14s with AMD CPU.

All Drivers are newest version. It seems to be a problem with the UltraNav Driver, because if you uninstall all Ultranav Drivers and use the Standard-Windows mouse driver, the touchpad is working after standby (but of course no multitouch, only basic functions).

Like you typed before: Lenovo has to recognize, that this is a serious driver/Hardware-issue!

Options

4 Posts

03-09-2021

Germany

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 6 of 7

2021-03-15, 9:26 AM

Thank you everone for your quick responses. 

Unfortunately none of the solutions worked out.

As said before, all drivers are up to date. I used the Lenovo Vantage tool and the Service Bridge to check via Browser.

The Ultranav-Tool is not and wasn't installed.

Disabled Fast-Startup for Stand-By/Hibernation mode.

Quite annoying. This should be a very basic function to be supported.

Options

1 Posts

04-03-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 7 of 7

2021-04-03, 20:21 PM

Hi Everybody,

I received my P14s AMD yesterday and I faced the same problem after updating all drivers and windows patches.

The solution for me was to roll back the driver for Synaptics Pointing Device from 19.5.19.75 to 19.5.19.67. I put my laptop several times to sleep and after different period of time wake it. I can say that the problem has been resolved for me. I believe that there must be some patch from Lenovo which resolve it completely.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms