Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Linux Operating SystemsUbuntu
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

06-26-2021

Thailand

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 3

Ubuntu Image for P15s

2021-06-26, 16:21 PM

Hello,

I intend to buy a P15s Gen 1 and install Ubuntu on it, as there seems to be no option to have Ubuntu pre-installed. 

Is there a specific Ubuntu image from Lenovo that I can use, or should I just use the default Ubuntu 20.04 LTS download from the Ubuntu site - and follow the instructions here: https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/tp_p14s_intel_p15s_p15v_ubuntu_20.04_lts_installation_v1.0.pdf

Thanks in advance,

Jon

Moderator comment: Moved to the proper forum. (NateS)

Options

My Thinkpad switches on by itself.

2021-08-20, 4:37 AM

There is a problem in my thinkpad. After switching off it comes to life at it own. Consuming power and getting hot.

Company just doesnt care to send mechanic on site. Although its only one month old brand new product. 

Options

676 Posts

07-22-2019

Canada

471 Signins

5346 Page Views

• Views: 5346
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Ubuntu Image for P15s

2021-08-20, 12:52 PM

Hi @jonrandy  

Sorry - missed your original post.

We do have a Ubuntu preload - but regular Ubuntu should work. We don't add any extra's to the Ubuntu software (though we do have the Nvidia closed source driver installed by default). Everything we do goes into the main stream.

If you have any issues you can PM me and I'll get you the preload.

@DineshDelhi - I think you've posted in the wrong forum. This is for Linux related questions and yours sounds HW/BIOS related. I don't think we'll be able to help

Mark

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms