Options

3 Posts

09-29-2017

GB

3 Signins

69 Page Views

• Views: 69
  • Message 1 of 2

Update install hung at 77% - includes BIOS update -what do I do?

2020-10-06, 18:52 PM

Running updates, including BIOS update, through Lenovo Vantage, and intall seems to have stalled. I am VERY scared about doing anything which will rsult in fritzed BIOS, and would really appreciate some help to handle this. Currently just keeping computer on whilst I try to work out what to do.

I was running a set of current updates through Lenovo Vantage, including a recommended update for BIOS. 

Lots of messages about not turning off computer or putting into sleep mode during update. Checked settings for sleep, set to 'never' when plugged in, checked plugged in, left to do its thing. Came back to lock screen, when I logged in, got dialog asking if i wanted to update bios or change machine number, checked update bios. Lenovo vantage page showed 'downloads 100% complete, installing updates 77%. That's still what it's showing an hour later. Task manager shows only minimal activity by Lenovo Vantage. Premium support phone line seems to have shut for the day.

I realy need some high-quality help!

Options

256 Posts

12-24-2011

AE

552 Signins

3784 Page Views

• Views: 3784
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Update install hung at 77% - includes BIOS update -what do I do?

2020-10-07, 17:31 PM

probably just some popup that got stalled.

Unless you have rebooted and are in the midst of a BIOS upgrade (DOS window) which have stalled at 77% I see no harm in rebooting and trying again.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete