Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-15-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 4

W530 Laptop Not Turning On

2020-04-15, 23:57 PM

My laptop was working well up until I shut the lid on accident while it was on.  No problem, I opened it back up only to find that it had shut off.  I took out the battery, pressed the power button to get rid of remaining charge, and put the battery back in, and it still did not turn on or register that the charger was plugged in.  When pressing the power button, the button will light up briefly, but nothing else sounds like it's on and the screen remains dark.  There are no beeps when I try to turn it on either.  It's a few years old and definitely out of warranty, but I'd still rather try to get it working again before I give up entirely.

Options

12433 Posts

01-02-2010

United States of America

40576 Signins

428439 Page Views

• Views: 428439
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:W350 Laptop Not Turning On

2020-04-16, 15:22 PM

I assume you mean W530.  I would unplug, remove the battery and disconnect the coin-cell (CMOS) battery (under the keyboard).  Wait 10 seconds and then put it back together.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Options

2 Posts

04-15-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 4

Re:W530 Laptop Not Turning On

2020-04-16, 22:42 PM

I tried that twice and nothing changed.  My mom thinks it's a BIOS issue, which I have no idea how to fix and she only works with desktops, not laptops.

Options

12433 Posts

01-02-2010

United States of America

40576 Signins

428439 Page Views

• Views: 428439
  • Message 4 of 4

Re:W530 Laptop Not Turning On

2020-04-16, 23:52 PM

I think BIOS is not likely.  Do the same thing to reset and then try starting without the main battery installed.  Shorted main battery can cause all sorts of symptoms.  If that doesn't work, reset again and try restarting without all memory and without the HDD and DVD.  If you don't get the 3-3-1 beep code (no memory) you are probably out of luck.  If you get that code, and if you have 2 DIMMs, try them one at a time.  A bad DIMM can cause any kind of error.  If you only have 1 DIMM, can you borrow one from someone?  The HDD and DVD are less likely to be the issue but if shorted, again, anything is possible.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms