Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

03-30-2009

Florida

5 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 1 of 2

W500 Access Connections max 54 mbps?

2009-03-30, 12:39 PM

Hello,

I have a ThinkPad W500 4058-CTO with Windows Vista Business 64.  I am running Access Connections 5.21, which I just updated last night.

I have a LinkSys N+ Router, broadcasting in both the 5 GHz and 2 GHz ranges.  I have enabled WPA-PSK encryption.

When I attempt to connect to the 5 GHz spectrum with Access Connections, I get a maximum throughput of 54 mbps, even when next to the router.

If I use native Windows Networking tools I can actually connect at > 200 mbps, dropping to 180 mbps when I am downstairs and further away from the router.

Is there a way to get Access Connections to connect at greater than 54 mbps?  Has anyone had any trouble managing the Bluetooth or other network profiles if I get rid of Access Connections?

Thanks,

Dan

Options

39 Posts

01-08-2009

Islamabad, PK

166 Signins

752 Page Views

• Views: 752
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: W500 Access Connections max 54 mbps?

2009-03-30, 15:10 PM
The only thing that I found AC useful for was my Wimax adapter. Other than that, there's really no use for it. The majority of thinkpad users remove AC from their systems and have no problems with networking or networking profiles. Try it out. If you miss it, you can always reinstall without any trouble.
Rizwan A. Alvi
http://rizwanalvi.com
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms