09-30-2008

Iowa, USA

2 Signins

6 Page Views

• Views: 6
  • Message 1 of 2

W500 GFX question Temp,Noise,Power

2008-09-30, 7:09 AM

Hi, for all the lucky owners out there already i'm wondering a couple things about the W500.  First off, there was one post a user mentioned when he ran either processor intensive game or benchmark program his performance got cut in half as the temp rose to above 90 c.  Does this run hot when under heavy load?

Secondly, how loud are the fans when they are cooling?  I have an old school dell inspiron and bringing it to class sucks as the fans roll on and lol people stare it's pretty loud and obnoxious to say the least if the room gets quiet.  

and my last question, I know some previous thinkpads such as  the 40p  requires the power cord to be plugged otherwise the gfx card cannot be utilized fully for 3d games.  Is the W500 the same way?

Thanks, appreciate it.

Options

4096 Posts

01-05-2008

DE

22094 Signins

317040 Page Views

• Views: 317040
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: W500 GFX question Temp,Noise,Power

2008-10-01, 8:50 AM

Hello,

W500 seems really cool. Under high load cpu 57°C, idle cpu 41°C. hdd 31°C.

According to an owner on thinkpad-forum.de

The noise seems also not a problem and you should get enough power for playing games.

The heat problem was recognised running in a dock. But only one user have reported it, yet.

Regards

Andreas

Message Edited by Agotthelf on 10-01-2008 10:56 AM

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using Lenovo Yoga C930, ThinkPad X1 Carbon 5th Gen. Silver Edition, ThinkPad 13, Yoga 900, ThinkPad T460s, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete