Options

9 Posts

05-12-2008

New York

29 Signins

93 Page Views

• Views: 93
  • Message 1 of 2

W500 Vista 64 and Access Connections Crashing (anyone having this or other odd issues)?

2008-10-20, 22:21 PM
Anyone having this issue?  I am told its firefox interacting somehow.  It crashes and windows states "thinkvantage access connections service GUI helper Module has stopped working"  unfortunately when this happens you can't turn on / off the wireless and if u try and connect to a different mode or place it won't work.  if you are using wireless it can switch to other wireless.  if you are using wired you can use other wired but thats it.  only a reboot will fix the issue.  its very annoying.  i am working with a engr from lenovo and so far there is no date as to a fix but they do know of it.  i have several w500's to deploy but would like to fix tihs before going on.  we usually install firefox as a good alternate to ie. 
Options

4 Posts

10-15-2008

Toronto

16 Signins

165 Page Views

• Views: 165
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: W500 Vista 64 and Access Connections Crashing (anyone having this or other odd issues)?

2008-10-22, 13:47 PM

I have this issue on our machines. As far as odd issue I have a had a number of them. To use the Access Connection one workaround I found was to place it in the Vista Sidebar and it seem to work.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete