Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

01-08-2009

Cumming, Georgia

5 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 1 of 2

W500 and Mozilla Thunderbird

2009-01-08, 20:53 PM
I'm configuring this new W500 with Thunderbird as the email client for a couple of email addresses.  Machine is running XP Pro with SP3 installed.  Thunderbird is running on an old IBM ThinkPad T42 fine.  I configure Thunderbird the exact same way on the W500 and Thunderbird will receive messages but not send them.  Domain hoster (which is the email service provider) is stumped.  Can configure (exactly as configured on the T42 and W500) Thunderbird on other systems and things work fine.  But my machine, going forward, is the W500.  Five or more years worth of email and addresses are in Thunderbird and I'd rather not have to switch to some other client.  Anyone else have a similar problem?  Any suggested solution?  Thanks to all in advance.
Options

2 Posts

03-04-2009

Wyoming, USA

8 Signins

87 Page Views

• Views: 87
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: W500 and Mozilla Thunderbird

2009-03-04, 1:31 AM

Any chance that you're using a wireless network? Like many others, I've been having wireless network problems on my new W500 (see lots of threads on that subject). I have seen the behavior you describe occasionally, when the wireless network drops out it seems to happen particularly with HTTP (web stuff) and SMTP (sending mail) protocols.If you are using wireless, maybe try a wired LAN connection to rule out that possibility.

Other than the network drop-outs, Thunderbird is working fine on my W500.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)