03-17-2018

United States of America

3 Signins

36 Page Views

• Views: 36
  • Message 1 of 2

W530 Graphics malfunction, win10, cant dup screen

2018-03-17, 10:57 AM

Before I start this topic, I have tried everything in all related topic in this forum and elsewhere. It seems to me that this is something new, please dont re-direct me to those threads about W520 dup screen fix, etc.

The major different of my problem is that when mini-display or VGA port is being used, NVIDIA control panel no longer can see both graphics cards, and only sees quadro K1000M which is making connection to the external source through those ports, see attached screen shot. At the same time, the Intel graphic control panel only sees the internal graphic card. It really looks like two of the control system decided to split my graphic system and refuse to talk to each other, which lead to no duplication of the content on both screens.

Some addtional info,

1. I use USB display, ASUS 168B, which doesn't show on either control panel at all, so, no dup screen, but works as extention.

2. I use MS wireless display adapter, the WiDi display shows under the intel graphic card, so, Yup, here is the dup screen I can have.

Any ideas what is going on?

Options

3 Posts

03-17-2018

United States of America

3 Signins

36 Page Views

• Views: 36
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: W530 Graphics malfunction, win10, cant dup screen

2018-03-18, 3:25 AM

To add more fun to the problem, the windows+P can force a duplication excution, but with the 2nd screen out of signal. Iooking into my Physx, see attached, it is mind twisting. It looks like the computer agrees there is a 2nd screen connected to the intel system, but consider it a phantom one, which means the signal is not coming to the physical VGA port.

Any good ideas or suggestions?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms