Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

08-14-2008

USA

12 Signins

46 Page Views

• Views: 46
  • Message 1 of 2

W530 battery does not charge

2012-09-24, 16:42 PM

Hi,

I have just got a new W530 (2436CTO) with the battery (70+?), BIOS ver is 1.07. The battery does not charge even I plugged in the AC. The battery status is ok and charging on the power control panel, but there is no estimated charging time and the level has been at 4%. I have changed all types of battery control profiles but that does not work. I have even followed another fellow's example and updated in the display card, but that does not work either. I have updated every possible thing except for the BIOS of the laptop, which requires a fully charged battery to update. I hope someone who has similar experience can give me some pointers.

Thanks!

Fai

Options

7302 Posts

06-27-2008

United States of America

29347 Signins

1681423 Page Views

• Views: 1681423
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: W530 battery does not charge

2012-09-24, 16:59 PM

'afternoon.

the 70-series battery is correct for your machine. since it's new, i would call Service:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?DocID=PD008370 and ask them if they'll send you a replacement battery.

if a new battery fails to charge, then it could be something amiss with the charging circuitry in the laptop, but best to take one step at a time.

regards.

Community GuidelinesPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
Requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms